Sunday, March 16, 2014

Six Months!!

My teeny, tiny newborn baby A and baby B are 6 months old today. Six months. Half of a year. I thought this would be a god time to check in here and update a bit. We just got back from a long vacation. Tom had a furlough from the department, so we roadtripped South with 4 little boys. We were gone 12 days and drove 3,034 miles. We had a great time and made amazing memories. The babies experienced a lot of firsts, Gavin turned 2, we visited Disneyworld, etc. Here's a little taste of the trip.

 
 
 
   
 


 

                                               

 

 
                                                 

I got to thinking today, about these last 6 months. If I had to choose one word to describe them, it would be rewarding. Sure, I have 3 kids in diapers, don't get a lot of sleep and only sit down if I'm nursing. But, there is something so special about twins. You get double the smiles, double the giggles, you get to watch them interact with each other and be a witness to their incredible bond. I love having a baby around and this time I got two. Its the best! 
In the 3 pictures below, Brody is on the left and Dylan is on the right.
 

                                                                          
          
                                                  

                                      
 
I hope all is well with each of you. Im glad I can keep up with so many friends on instagram. I hope to come back here soon. Its the place Ive always run to..my online therapist friends, my cheerleaders, my family.

 

18 comments:

Marianne said...

Oh my gosh your boys are so big!!! I can't believe the babies are 6 months old already! Wow.

I'm going to have to start following you on Instagram..,,

Allison said...

I can't believe they are 6 months old already! Our boys are growing up SO fast!

Chelley N said...

SO good to see an update from you! You boys are, well, just the CUTEST little things! ALL FOUR of them! I'm sure you hear that all the time. I can't believe the twins are already 6 months old. WHY WHY does time have to move so quickly?

Renee said...

They are so adorable. Love the older boys' pics on the beach.

Kayla said...

What is your Instagram name? Long time reader, would love to follow your adventures on there! Thanks!

Joanna said...

Your boys are the cutest!! Glad all is well :) I have triplet boys but I cannot imagine having 4 boys on different schedules!! Can't wait to hear more stories :)

ceecee867 said...

So glad to see you back here :) The boys are gorgeous. Is it just me, or do each of the twins look like their individual older brothers? I could swear from the pics that you have a Trevor look alike, and a Gavin look alike !!

JoyBelle said...

So delighted to see an update! My little man is 9 months. He's got the same little faux hawk like Dylan, tee hee!

Your boys are SO SO SO cute, I can hardly stand it. So sweet! I hope to hear more soon. I'll look you up on IG!

Dex Banner said...

Good writing and even a decent writer you are...great blog!

Kerri said...

You have such a beautiful family. I'm so glad I get to keep up with you on IG- I enjoy seeing pictures of the boys so much. And I'm always impressed with how you seem to handle having 4 small ones with such ease- long road trips and all! I think you could easily add a few more to the brood. ;)

brandy said...

Yes, I love following you on Instagram! So glad you share your life with all of us on IG, too! My favorite picture of the twins is the pirate outfits. Totally adorable. Well, all of them are totally adorable. I cannot believe it has been 6 months already, wow.

Crossing My Fingers said...

Such adorable pictures! Six months already?! Time flies!!! Enjoy, Momma!

Pam said...

So good to see the update! Your family is just beautiful, time does go by so fast....my New Years resolution was to not rush things but just let them happen....so far I think I have done pretty good about it too! Those boys are just precious!

Kelly said...

AHHH I've missed so much while I've been gone! Your babies are simply adorable! What a fun, busy and crazy life you live!! Keep it up mama!!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad I finally checked in and got to see how big and handsome all of the boys are doing! I have 3 now (no multiples) and a career as a doula and I can barely keep my head above water - you're amazing for having 4 in 4 years and seemingly keeping it all together!' Your family grows more beautiful and you are more blessed with each passing day! I hope you do get to post the twins' birth story at some point but for now it sounds like you're doing what's most important - enjoying the love that you & Ton have shared and grown over the years. Much love to you.

~ Jess

Danielle Budick said...

Hey! I'm a newbie. I've reading your blog for a few days, and catching up on your journey to motherhood. Congrats on having 4 babies!!!

"B" said...

Happy almost birthday to your twinnies! Hard to believe it's been almost a year! I hope you are doing well.

"B" said...

happy belated birthday to the babies~ I hope you are all doing well. Love to hear an update if you ever find time!