Thursday, September 12, 2013

Four Days

I am happy to report my appointment on Tuesday went really well!! I had my final NST first and of course, the babies looked amazing. Their fluid levels were great and the best news is that baby B went head down! I couldnt believe it when the tech told me. He has been transverse for so long I never imagined he would flip down at 37 weeks. I thanked the staff for taking such good care of the 3 of us and then walked downstairs to my OB appointment.


All the basics checked out fine and doc came in quickly. She was very kind and listened to what I had to say. She was totally up for inducing me, but had to check their policy as she is newer to the practice. It does state 38 weeks, even with twins. She listened to heartbeats, measured my belly-44 weeks!, and checked me. Im dilated to 2 now, which made me very happy. I mentioned I think the babies will be around 7 lbs. and she said looking at me, she didnt think theyll be that big. We will see!

We talked about the plan for Monday and decided that I will keep my c-section on the books for 7:30 am. She said theres a good chance B will flip again, since he has moved so much the entire pregnancy. I will go in at 5:30 as planned and have an ultrasound to check position. Then, we will decide which route to go.

It makes me a little crazy that we wont know what route we will take until that morning! Im really thinking itll be an induction. Somehow, I have to mentally and physically prepare for both scenarios. I am repacking all of our bags for Mon-Friday, in hopes that we will be out of the hospital by Thursday. My inductions are long, but I am hoping that with contractions for weeks, being dilated to 2 and a 3rd pregnancy will help keep it shorter! 

Its starting to become real now. Any upcoming birth has so many risks and unknowns and I feel like we have double that. However, theres nothing like waking up, knowing youll be meeting your long awaited miracles that day. I will endure anything on Monday that will end with two sweet boys added to our family.

Four more days. 

26 comments:

nursetexan said...

Absolutely thrilled for you and your sweet family!!! Can't wait to see their handsome faces! :) Best wishes from Dallas!

Maggie said...

So excited for you and sending prayers your way for a safe and in eventful delivery :-)

Mary Louis Quinn said...

So exciting!! Although this hasn't gone exactly the way you might have originally wanted, I think it's AMAZING that you have had a healthy twin pregnancy for 38 weeks! And I kinda respect your practice for not inducing or performing a c-section before 38 weeks when nowadays it seems like everyone takes twins at 35-36 weeks.

Can't wait to see pics of those cute boys next week!

Mommy Mandy said...

I'll be thinking of you the next few days and especially on Monday...can't wait to "meet" your two new little boys!

Leah said...

Wishing you an easy and safe delivery on Monday! Can't wait to see your twins!

RobinSC said...

Yay! I know how rough those last couple of days are (my twins are 4mo) but the end is in site. Good luck with your birth plan. Some times staying open minded is the hardest part. If it makes you feel any better my baby A flipped at 36 weeks and held strong. You just never know what they will do.

Kahla said...

So excited for you and sending many prayers your way (for all of you)!!!

Ashley said...

Praying for a safe delivery Monday!! I can't believe it is here already:) Try to get your sleep these next two nights!

JoyBelle said...

Enjoy these final days of your pregnancy - cannot believe they'll be in your arms so soon!!! Eek!!! I'm believing baby B will STAY PUT. Stay put, lil' man. :-D

Suzanne said...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Can't wait to see pics!

mom7 said...

Good luck on Monday !!

Debbie said...

Praying for your and you new sons!

Allyson said...

Hope all is going well today. I keep refreshing my blog roll, hoping to see an update!

nursetexan said...

Getting SO antsy for an update!!! Hope all is well :)

Angela said...

Praying for you today!

Melissa said...

Thinking of you today! Hope the birth of your twins went well and I can't wait to see pictures! Now the wild ride of twins starts!

Candace said...

Praying everything went well and looking forward to an update! ;)

Maggie said...

Thinking of you and your sweet family!! Hope everything went well!

"B" said...

Thinking of you and your sweet family of SIX! I hope you are enjoying snuggles and lots of family time. Cannot wait for an update!

Trish said...

Just thinking of you and your much anticipated birth of your twins. Congratulations! Looking forward to an update when you have time. Take care.

Ashley said...

Thinking of you! I hope everything is going well!

Heather Bryant said...

Hope you are soaking up those sweet boys! Praying all went well :-)

Mary said...

hoping all is well. anxiously awaiting the next post when you are able to update!

Sana@cc&t said...

Amazing news.. been following your posts and am soo excited for you!! All the best -

Sana@ cheesecakeandatreadmill.blogspot.com

ryan james said...

Make Money Online is very easy now, In Internet system we have now best earning system without any work, Just Invest some Money into your Business and Make Perfect Life time Earnings with this Business.
Join Now for Make Perfect Business and Earn Money online from home.
www.hotfxearnings.com

brad maddox said...

All Latest Hot Current Affairs, All Entertainment News updates, Entertainment Articles, Entertainment News, Entertainment Pictures, Entertainment Videos, Funny Pictures, Fail Pictures, Troll Comics, Troll Images, lol Pictures, Mp3 Tunes and every thing you want...
www.hotcurrentaffairs.com