Friday, August 23, 2013

Still Pregnant..

..and 35 weeks tomorrow! 

I had 3 appointments on this past Monday. First was my third NST. Both babies passed and I only had 2 contractions in the 20 minutes. That was down from 6 the first time and 4 the second. Afterward, I had my last growth ultrasound of the pregnancy. I was excited because Tom was off and finally able to see the babies on the screen for the first time since 7 weeks. Unfortunately, they're so big now, its hard to make out much of anything! Everything with the ultrasound checked out great. Fluid levels are good, baby A is head down and baby B is now transverse and has been for the past 2 weeks. Baby A measured at 5 lb. 7 oz. and B at 4 lb. 9 oz. That moved A up to 62%ile for a singleton and moved B down 
to 30%ile. I felt like that was a big change, but my doc isnt concerned and said they're both near average. 

Next, I went downstairs to my OB appointment. I'm up 26 lbs, no signs of preeclampsia and measuring a full 40 weeks. We talked in detail about the birth possibilities. My practice has 4 doctors and everyone has their own opinion, which can be tough. This particular doctor seems more pro c-section. 

I'm not getting my heart set on any type of birth. A twin pregnancy and birth is so unpredictable and can change in an instant. First, theres the position when its time to have babies. I feel like if baby A stays head down, theyll let me try for a vaginal birth, regardless of B. However, there are risks to delivering a breech baby. I don't really want to end up delivering baby A and then have to have a c-section for B. Then again, that could happen anytime, even if both are head down. The unknowns are a bit overwhelming. 

I will say Id prefer a scheduled c-section over an emergency one. If Im going to go that route, Id rather it be done in a calm fashion than an emergent situation. Again, Tom having no time at work really plays a factor here. Major surgery + caring for 2 newborns + caring for 2 other sons + very little help..may be too much to handle. I believe you cant drive for 2 weeks so I dont even know how Id get Trevor to school. 

Another thing to think about is when the babies will come! If I keep cooking, I would be induced/have c-section at 38 weeks. That falls on a Saturday, so I would be on the calendar for Monday, September 16th. Just over 3 weeks away. That seems so soon and yet, I dont think Ill make it that far. I have contraction most of the day, every day. My body is starting to really hurt; my belly is heavy! Ive always had the date of August 31st in my head, as that's what my OB said on my first appointment. Tom thinks it will be sometime next weekend, too. His formal graduation is Tuesday and they are welcome any day after that.

Ill go for weekly OB appointments and NST's from here on out. My next appointment is Wednesday.

Tom and I both are getting anxious to meet them! We've had quite the baby boom with our friends this summer and I cant believe were next..and happen to be the last ones. They still don't have definite names. Baby B's name is 99% sure and A is down to 4 names. I really wanted to have names set beforehand, but it looks like they will be decided at the hospital. 

In non-baby news..Tom is loving the job. Trevor starts school next week. Gavin is becoming a big boy quickly..got his first haircut, is done with bottles and talks all day. His vocabulary is astounding. Boys will be staying with my parents/sisters family while were at the hospital. I have their bag ready to go and big brother gifts done. I cant wait for that moment when they walk in the door to meet their brothers. They are both quite baby obsessed.

Anyway, here's a little photo catchup of the last two weeks. Toms schedule is 4 days on, 2 days off. I am loving that he comes back to me after only 4 days. :) This also means his days off constantly change, therefore, he gets weekends off every once in a while. In fact, he is off this weekend and were going to the cottage one last time. With me being home, its okay for him to have weekdays off because we can really act like its our weekend. That'll be a little harder once Trevor's in school, but we will still find time to do what we want! He is also working the 2-10pm shift through September 7th. Then, he will change his shift/district for the next month. My nights are lonely without him. After nap playing, dinner, baths and bedtime alone..and then theres the quiet once the boys are asleep. I know its only temporary and soon my house will be full of newborn cries and no sitting down!












This was at 33 weeks, 3 days! 




Thanks for checking in and for the love. :) I promise to update more next week and of course, when the babies arrive!

12 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Great pictures-love the in air one! Hang in there momma, soon you'll be holding 2 more boys.

Pam said...

Thanks for the update, I was wondering! Boys are just as precious as always and I know you are all so excited and ready for these baby boys to make their appearance. Take care and keep us posted when you can.....a friend in East Texas, Pam

Stace said...

I cannot believe that you're so close already! I hope that you hold on for a few more weeks to avoid any possible NICU time, but it's still so close! I'm so excited for you- twins are amazing. For the section (if you had one), I was allowed to drive immediately. I stopped taking the percs in the hospital and was told that once I was off of them I was fine. I do know that different doctors have different rules, so make sure you ask! Can't wait to hear their arrival... and their names!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Praying that things go smoothly for you! I can't even imagine how anxious you are not really being able to have a definite plan. But just remember that God has these babies' birthday planned out perfectly! Praying that you will feel His peace throughout all of this!

Marianne said...

Thinking of you!

Chelley N said...

So glad to see an update. You are doing so well and look AMAZING!!!

JoyBelle said...

Haven't checked blogs in awhile and saw your post in my feed - cannot wait to hear about the big day and hear the names, etc. Praying for peace in whichever decision you come to for their Birth Day!

Ashley said...

I always love checking in on your blog! I can't get over how GREAT you look......and you even have two babies in there! Getting so close!!!!

Julie @ Living on the Ledge said...

I had an on-call doctor tell me not to drive for two weeks, and my actual doctor said, "Of course you can drive." Just like you were talking about different birthing plans...doctors have a lot of different "schools of thought" on everything. Good luck - everything will go great and as it should!

Suzanne said...

I'm checking your blog every day waiting to see the "They're here" blog post! :)
You're lookin' good but oh, how I don't envy you right now. I still remember how uncomfortable those last weeks were.
After my C-section, my doctor told me not to drive for 2 weeks. I think that's pretty standard.
Take good care of yourself and rest! Can't wait to see those boys soon!

"B" said...

I watch your blog as well. Hopefully you are enjoying your last weeks with your boys and are feeling well. You look amazing. Cannot wait to see those precious babies when they make their debute

Sana@cc&t said...

Wow! I had been following your updates since you got pregnant! Can't believe your in the home stretch. Wishing for happy, healthy babies and a speedy recovery for you..