Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Answers!!

Thanks for all of the feedback, ladies. I'm crazy about our pictures, too. I cant wait until she gets her hands on twin newborns. I know the pictures will be phenomenal. I have a lot of ideas up my sleeve..

Here are the answers to your questions. 

1) So glad you asked! I was curious if you had any nausea or vomiting during this or any of your pregnancies, and if so when did it start? I was nauseous with each pregnancy, but this was by far the worst. I for sure had double the amount! And it lasted a few extra weeks. However, compared to most, I have it easy and am lucky to not throw up because of it. 

2) A lot of people expect twin parents to name their twins similarly, whether it be rhyming or starting with the same letter. Do you plan to do this? No! They will not start with the initial or rhyme. We talked about using all T's after we had Trevor, but decided against it since we wanted to have a lot of kids. I know were sticking to just consonants as a first initial. They wont be A & B names. 

3) How do you stand living so far away from Atlanta? Dont you think you would be happier a little further south? (Closer to Disney, the beach and Hopkins children). This was submitted by the wonderful, Evan. :) Ill say its tough living so far away from such wonderful things. One day, we hope to move South..Tom has to get a few years in first and then can branch out..;)

4) Have you got you house all set up since the move and ready for babies? We are getting there! I have gotten more done in the past 48 hours than I had the entire month of July! We are so busy and have been taking advantage of the simplicity of only having 2 children, Daddy having a normal shift, a super mild summer, etc. This is my last week without a baby appointment, so I knew it was time to kick it into high gear with baby prep!

5) Can you believe there are 2 babies in there? Are you still shocked/surprised? Have you got your new car/mini bus yet? Are you close to your family for help when your babas arrive? It still blows my mind to think were going to have 2 babies in a few weeks..four young children..all boys! I try to wrap my head around it but I dont think itll truly be real until it happens! We are still undecided about the car situation. We do have a car with enough space, but are hoping to get a minivan sooner than later. Unfortunately  we are not close to any family. Until May, we lived 6 blocks from my sisters family, 5 minutes from my parents and everything/everyone in our life was less than 20 minutes. Since we had to move to the city, we are now a good 30+ minutes from everyone. I really dont see me having much help. Additionally, Tom will be working a lot. Im really going to have to figure this out on my own. 


6) What is your ideal recovery postpartum? Then, what is your realistic recovery postpartum? Does your family come and help you? I had a really easy recovery after Gavin. I wouldnt mind a recovery like that! I think any recovery will be tougher this time, since my body has been put through more and Ill have to physically birth two children. I am REALLY hoping to avoid a c-section. That is uncharted territory for me and I think it would be so hard to have to recover from major surgery, care for two newborns and provide for 2 other children. Im sure Ill have some help, but it will be minimal. My sister has 4 kids and works, my Mom cares for my aunt with DS, my friends either have kids or work. I know Ill appreciate any help we can get!

7) Do you plan on breastfeeding the twins, too? Absolutely!! As long as theyre born late enough that I can produce and they can latch, I dont see why itd be a problem. I have always had an overabundance of milk and pump like a champ. I do think it will make outings harder and there will be a lot of sacrifice involved, but I can not wait!

8) Can you update us on how Trevor is doing with his allergies? And any twin advice you've received that you think will be especially useful? Trevor is doing great this summer! I took him to another allergist about 2 months back, to get a second opinion and information on allergy shots. We switched up his oral medication and were on board with doing the shots. But, he responded so well to the new medication that we just stuck with that! He still itches here and there and gets most irritated when were at the cottage. With the lake water, sunscreen, heat, sweating, etc..his skin gets irritated. Its nothing compared to last year. No mood swings, bags under his eyes, horrible rashes. We are so thankful!! As far as twin advice..Ive mainly been told take any help you can get and try to keep them on the same schedule. Im a part of a twin board online and I know that will come in handy!

9) Any hints on names? And you need to update the blog header to include all four of your beautiful boys!! We truly dont know their names. We have meaningful middle names, that are pretty much set in stone. Baby B may have a name..we wont know for sure until we decide on A's name. Honestly, we may end up keeping them quiet now that were so close. Well see. Its a frustrating process! I am dying to order them little hats for the hospital with their names and would love to do it..now! And, yes, this blog needs some major work. Ill get around it it, promise! :)

10) What are future plans? Do you feel your family is complete? Do you want to use all your remaining embryos?? As of now, I do not feel complete. I have always wanted 5 children and that hasnt changed. We have talked a bit about birth control/embryos lately. We have 4 left, from Gavins cycle..which is also the twins cycle. I dont think we will do anything before the twins are 2. I wanted to be done having children by 30 and Im 26 now. We wont be doing anything permanent. I cant imagine closing that door so young. I jokingly tell Tom I am not spending any money on trying to not get pregnant when weve spent so much trying TO get pregnant. Im not really joking, though..

11) I'm still waiting for the new house update! Can that count as a question? I promise to do a photo tour soon. We are about half way done with moving the boys downstairs and setting up the nursery. We also need to hang pictures that have been under our bed for the past 2 months. As soon as that happens, Ill give all the details!! 

12) Is your car big enough to fit all those car seats? Yes! We have a Nissan Pathfinder that fits 5 carseats. When the back seat is up, there is very little trunk space, which doesnt work well with strollers. We really want a mini van and have gone back and forth about trading the car in for one..or waiting until Tom gets his raise in February. Im dreading a winter where Trevor would have to climb over an infant seat(with snow/mud on his boots, undoubtedly)  every time we go in and out. We may go ahead and trade it in, we honestly havent had the time or energy to think about it. At least we do have something that can get us safely from point A to point B, even if its not ideal. 

There ya have it! As always, thanks for following along and for caring about my family. 

6 comments:

feipeng wu said...

thanks for sharing..the post must be useful for me ..

White and Yellow

Amanda said...

Mini vans are awesome. We found a really good deal on a certified pre-owned Toyota that was only a couple of years old and had less than 30,000 miles.
It really will make your life easier.

Best of luck

Marianne said...

Thanks for the post...thinking of you and hoping the rest of the pregnancy goes smoothly!

Melli said...

Thanks for answering my question, Erin!
:-)

teacherJillK said...

I have loved watching your family grow from 2 to almost 6! Thanks for continuing to share your lives with us! Take care!

brandy said...

So glad that you had time for this Q & A! Thanks for sharing! You are doing a great job growing those boys! Every day counts and you are rocking it!