Monday, July 15, 2013

29 Weeks!

How far along? 29 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: Almost up 20 lb. 
Maternity clothes? Yes. I got some cute dresses to wear this week and found a dress for Toms graduation. Most of my tanks are too short and my belly hangs out.
Sleep: Good, up until last night when my legs cramped and hurt so bad! Hoping it was a one time thing.
Best moment of this week: Maternity pics going well!
Movement: Yep. Feet down low, heads/ hands way up high
Food cravings: Ice! 
Gender: Boys
Labor Signs: Contractions here and there. 
Belly Button in or out? Almost totally out
What I miss: Starting to miss my body...I have high expectations for when Im able to exercise again.
What I am looking forward to: a week at the beach
Milestones: Less than 10 weeks!

Lots has happened the last 2 weeks. We had a fabulous 4th weekend. We saw fireworks Wednesday night, spent our 4th with a parade, fun fair and a festival with fireworks. Then, we headed to the cottage for another parade and fireworks followed by my nieces 2nd birthday party. 








We returned home and I had a day of appointments. I saw my OB and heard mostly wonderful news. She was very happy with how things are going..even said I was the best looking twin pregnancy shes dealt with. She said she does not think the babies will turn head down. They are up SO high. We talked about what the plan will be. Basically, Ill pick a c-section date and aim for that. If one turns, I can try vaginally. If I go into labor before the scheduled date, they would do a quick ultrasound to determine which was I can have them. She did say Ill have to talk to the other 2 OBs in the practice to get their take on delivering baby B breech, assuming he will be. I have a lot of thoughts/concerns on this topic, but am not going to stress about it now when I know anything can change in an instant!
After my appointment, I went to the other tower to do my glucose test. It was a blissful hour of sitting, reading a book and a quick blood draw. No news is good news and I havent gotten a phone call, so I assume I passed. 

I  have a growth ultrasound next week and start weekly NST's at 32 weeks. I go back to the OB at 32 and 34 and then believe Ill go weekly. Trevor took his big brother class at the hospital and I preregistered online. This is all coming to an end quickly.

Last week FLEW by with playdates and errands and organizing. We did my maternity pictures over the weekend and Im dying to see them! Tomorrow, we are heading to the cottage for just shy of a week. We go to the big Country Thunder festival which starts Thursday. Tom has his state exam on Friday, so I decided we would go up earlier and let him have peace and quiet so he can study all week and do well. This happens to be the hottest week weve had all year, so if you need us, youll find us at the beach.

I believe most of my followers here follow me on IG. Thats where I snap all the belly pictures. :) If not, my name there is mamaof4littlemen.


10 comments:

Marianne said...

Have fun!!!

Julie @ Living on the Ledge said...

You're almost there and you seem to be doing great! When I had the twins, Baby A was head down, but Baby B's head was literally lodged in my ribcage (she cracked a rib!) Needless to say, I opted for a c-section when the time came and all went smoothly. Good luck on your final trimester!

Brenna Boyd said...

So glad to hear things are going well!!!

I just requested to follow you on IG, I didn't realize you had it.

Renee said...

Hoping both babies turn for you, but if they don't, I have heard that some chiropractors have special training in turning breach babies. My chiro has been very successful with it. Something to think about?

Brandee Rook said...

I had a surprise section after they induced me, broke my water, and felt a butt instead of a head. I'm a pediatric nurse and never had any kind of surgery so I did, but didn't know what to expect. Honestly, the recovery wasn't bad at all! They sent me home on percocet and motrin and that controlled my pain very well. Ask for toradol while in the recovery room - I didn't take by mouth meds for almost 24hrs. I had no issue nursing, holding my baby, etc. and the bleeding was a lot less than a vaginal birth. You look great and as long as you have 2 healthy little babies, it's worth it all! Good luck with everything!

Rob & Lindsey said...

I just requested to follow you on IG:). I've followed you forever but don't comment much. I have IVF twin girls and a surprise boy 13 months younger. :)

brandy said...

You are for sure rocking this pregnancy! I am amazed at the energy that you have chasing two little men and while pregnant with twins. Amazing. You look great!

JoyBelle said...

You look awesome!!! And I think it's wonderful a vaginal birth is possible. There's some inspiring multiples birth videos on YouTube. No matter how they come into the world I pray for peace and well-being for all!

brandy said...

I also wanted to let you know that while I know you can carry these babies to term, I am a neonatal nurse practitioner, so if they come early or if you have any questions, let me know! I enjoy following your journey!
brandy

Brandi W. said...

So glad I found you so I can follow your final trimester before you welcome your own peanuts.
www.momsinheels.net