Monday, July 1, 2013

27 Weeks


How far along? 27 weeks 2 days
Total weight gain/loss: Up 18 lbs. 
Maternity clothes? Yes. Im buying size large for the first time in my life. A lot of my maternity stuff is going to be too small soon.  
Sleep: Pretty good!
Best moment of this week:  This was a really rough week! 
Movement: All day. Its funny feeling 4 little feet way down low.
Food cravings: Ice! 
Gender: Boys
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? Kinda sticking out
What I miss: Having no aches and pains. Its okay, I know its only temporary
What I am looking forward to: this week! Please be better!
Milestones: 3rd trimester!

We are in the 3rd trimester and the countdown to babies can really begin. We bought their dresser and assembled it so I can start filling it up. We bought one crib and have to go pick it up this week. I ordered new straps for the 2nd car seat, since the were a bit frayed. I have to keep up with the little tasks!

This week at home was really bad. Possibly the worst week I've had with the kids. Trevor is going through something. He has been defiant, talking back, ignoring, etc. He has had countless time outs, been put to bed early, lost out on privileges. He leaves me fried at the end of the day. Then you add Gavin into the mix. He is teething and miserable. He wakes up in the night and regardless of what time he goes to bed, he is up at 6am. He needs sleep to be happier! He is needy..constantly wants to be held, needs his pacifier and blankie, wants a baba, screams to eat, etc. He talks SO much which is wonderful. However, because he can tell me what he wants, he thinks he gets it right then and there. He is mischievous and keeps me on my toes, thats for sure.

Sprinkle these actions with the fact that Im huge and exhausted, its been a mess around here. I never complain about being pregnant, ever. Being pregnant is the greatest blessing and I am thankful Ive been able to do it. I just feel worn out and need a little pick me up. We have a ton of fun 4th of July plans this week/weekend and Im hoping extra hands and some time with Tom will help. 

17 comments:

Brenna Boyd said...

Sending positive vibes your way, I remember the end of my pregnancy being so difficult and I was only babysitting kids so I got a break at the end of the day so I can't imagine being pregnant with twins plus taking care of two boys all day every day. Hope the boys start settling down for you!

Becca said...

Keep your chin up :) I only have been pregnant once, and the end of my pregnancy was difficult and trying and I only had a house and hubby to manage with 1 baby in my belly .. I commend you having 2 young boys to care for, 2 bellied babies and a hubby who is away from you ... It all adds up to be understandably draining! Have a fun 4th of July weekend with your loves!

Marianne said...

Oh it sounds like a rough week! Fingers crossed that this week goes more smoothly. You're doing an awesome job!

Holly said...

You look beautiful and hoping your week gets better! Prayers to ya girl! Happy Fourth!

Suzanne said...

Oh girl! I feel your pain! You are in the home stretch now (no pun intended. Hopefully you aren't getting stretch marks). :)

Did you ever buy a maternity belt? If not, I'm tellin' you it's worth every penny!

I know it's easier said than done but you gotta try to relax and rest as much as you can. I was put on "home rest" at 28 weeks and as you know, my twins came at 32 weeks. Just don't over do it, ok?

You look awesome, by the way!

Molly said...

You look amazing!!!

Hang in there with the boys. They go through tough phases. I was right there with Cooper a couple months ago. Like in tears at the end of the day because of all his defiance. But, he is much better now! It only feels like forever!

Jodi said...

I have noticed with my kids when i don't feel well they get needier i think because they sense your need for more space. Just a thought. The more annoyed i get with them the more they behave badly I guess they feel insecure if they feel like they are being pushed away (in my case that is!) I don't feel good i want a break and they WANT mommy and need everything. It's rough my daughter was being sassy and mean last night (they get really tired out at camp) and the last thing i wanted was to play with her but that is what she needed i guess.

Julie said...

Long-time reader, but I've never commented. I am two weeks ahead of you with a singleton, but my last pregnancy was twins. (They will be 22 months old when baby #3 arrives.)So many different factors make every pregnancy different, but let me say, carrying one vs. two is a breeze!!! (how do moms carrying more even do it???) Carrying twins is TOUGH!!! I feel for you!!! Everything was that much more difficult...eating, sleeping, breathing...ugh. Advice that I was given, that I think was great - your body never really knows there are two. It's up to YOU to give your body a break in any way you can to make yourself (and babies) more comfortable. If that means a messy house, so be it! I know it's hard with two little ones running around, but relax when you can, sit when you can, put your feet up when you can!!! And break down and cry when you have to. :)

Julie
livingontheledgeblog.blogspot.com

Rebecca Lobb said...

You look wonderful! Pregnancy suits you!

Rebecca said...

Your posts are so heartfelt and honest. :) I don't know how you do it! Just reading your post wore me out! LOL Hope you have a relaxing 4th with many extra hands to pitch in. :)

Kahla said...

Prayers you get some rest this weekend with the extra help! I think you are doing spectacular and you look great!

Jennifer Haas said...

I just saw that you are pregnant with twins! Congrats! I am just now getting back into the blogging world :)

Ashley said...

I remember reading your posts prior to your move and knew it was a little tough. But look at how fast that went. I know that is how this time will be also. Keep your head up:) Hope you had a good 4th!! And, where did you get your dress? It looks so cute on you!

Amber Patterson said...

Oh Erin! Sure hope this past week was better for you. Drake has been acting the same way as well as a friend who's oldest son is the exact same age as Trevor. Hoping it's a short-lived stage. Do the best you can and get as much rest as possible. Thinking of you!

Kelly said...

Ahhh...time is closing in! You are almost there! You look amazing and I can't wait to meet the boys!
I really hope your weeks get easier! Being preggo and having kids that aren't listening is rough and never easy!

Marcy said...

Hi Erin,

I am one year into my fertility struggles and I came across your blog. I have started reading the archives and your story gives me so much hope and makes me feels less alone as we too have unexplained infertility. You have a beautiful family and I hope the final months of your twin pregnancy go smoothly.

Marcy
My blog is www.sensitiveginger.blogspot.com

brandy said...

You look awesome! I think your OB is right, you are rocking this TWIN pregnancy! You do a great job making and growing babies!