Monday, February 11, 2013

Released from RE! & 3rd Sac?

We had our third ultrasound today and all is well with the cupcakes. Baby A measured at 7 weeks 2 days and had a heartrate of 136 bpm. Baby B measured at 7 weeks exactly and had a heartrate of 144 bpm.





Now, here is the confusing part. There is a third sac. It was not present at my first scan, but was there last week. The first thing my tech noticed was that the third sac had grown since last time. Last week, she called it questionable sac and labeled it with a ?. Today, she labeled it sac C and said it measured at 5 weeks 2 days, but there is nothing inside it. She said she would know more by my next ultrasound. What the heck? We only transferred 2 embryos, so I thought 3 sacs was impossible. Apparently, an embryo can split inside one sac or a sac itself can split? And its measuring exactly 2 weeks behind. How is that possible?

In the picture below, you can see how baby A's sac is huge and B & C's would be much bigger if combined.


They didnt seem concerned at the office. I got my congratulations letter and instructions to see my OB. I can drop to 2 endometrin a day and stop my estrace. I cant help but worry a bit about whats going on inside my uterus! I will say, we love these babies so much already and just hope A & B continue to be strong and grow appropriately. We want to hold them in our arms this September!

12 comments:

Breanna said...

I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again and again - I am SO happy for you sweetie! This is soooo exciting! I hope you have more answers about the 3rd sac next week! Congratulations! <3

Karen A said...


How exciting!! I'm glad babies A & B look good! :)

Carly said...

that is crazy. Glad to see A&B are growing well and everything looks great :)

Holly said...

That is definitely interesting (the third sac)...Hmm, I wish I could help but my triplets were from two embryos, (2 identicals in one sac (meaning just the embryo split, not the sac) and 1 totally separate fraternal). I hope A and B continue to thrive and be healthy and you get more answers next week!! Lots of prayers and love!

Kristina said...

If it happens early enough in the pregnancy identicals can split and be in their own sac. Looks like B had its own identical but it didn't grow. I have twins so I've read about all these things. That would have been crazy if it turned into triplets! Congrats on the twins! I have a 5 year old, 3 year old and 6 month twins. It is crazy but a lot of fun!!

Jennifer said...

Yay for A&B!! So glad they are growing. Will continue to pray!

twondra said...

Always an adventure with you girl. :) So glad A and B and growing so well! I hope you get answers soon! Praying for you!!

juliane2004 said...

That is crazy! I've never heard of that... off to google!

Congrats on the great HBs though :)

juliane2004 said...

Okay, I googled.....

Could Baby B and Sac C be didi identical twins? (One egg, split with two amniotic sacs).

http://community.thenest.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/55474659.aspx

didi can be identical 1/9 times.

Erica said...

This is the first time i found your blog......and congrats! I wish i could find the blog i used to read (its private now i think) but the lady had 2 transfered embryos...which looked EXACTLY like yours i bbig and 2 small.......because the one split .....she ended up with triplets (3 girls) ...1 fraternal and 2 identical! Crazy huh!

Erica said...

I found it

http://larkinfamily-joy.blogspot.com/

check this out about how they found out the same as you so maybe it's an identical to baby b in your case too :

http://www.parentsconnect.com/parenting-your-kids/parenting/mom-parenting/rant_1261617823774.html

jenn said...

things that make you go "hmmmm"! ;-) glad baby a and b are doing well!!!! cant wait to see what c will do!!!!!