Monday, February 18, 2013

Cupcake Monday-8 Weeks

My weeks go up on Saturday and since I rarely blog on the weekends, I decided I will do my updates on Monday. What better way to start out the week. :) Note to self for next week? Take photo first thing in the morning! Otherwise, you will look as tired as you feel!




How far along? 8 weeks 2 days

Total weight gain/loss: Even

Maternity clothes? Soon! 3rd pregnancy and twins inside..the belly is a-growin'!

Sleep: Already not going well! I am exhausted, but it takes a lot to get comfortable.

Best moment this week: Ultrasound!!

Movement: Cant wait to feel it!

Food cravings: My cravings are nuts already. So far, I have craved mashed potatoes, cheese friend and cookies and milk! They are the extreme cravings where I want it right now!

Gender: I think its 2 girls or one of each

Labor Signs: No way

Belly Button in or out? Innie

What I miss: Having energy

What I am looking forward to: First OB appointment. NT scan!

Milestones: 2 months pregnant! Babies look more like actual babies!

So, Tom and I were anxious for another ultrasound..and didnt want to wait until my OB appointment on the 26th. I found a local place that does elective ultrasounds and they offered a "first peek" one. It was only $39 and I knew it would ease our minds to go. We are so glad we did!! We got to show Trevor the babies, hear both heartbeats, (Which were 155 & 164!), got some good pictures and checked on the 3rd sac. I did acknowledge the sac so the tech wouldnt be alarmed. It has gotten smaller, so we were relieved! Also, baby A and baby Bs sacs didnt look so different in size and we were happy about that. 

The tech was awesome and you could tell she loved what she did. She said everything looked perfect and she couldnt wait to see us back for the gender scan. Ill be 15 weeks on April 6th, so if we dont find out before then..we will go that day. Since its a Saturday, we may have a little party to share the news that evening. 

We love these babies already and cant wait to watch them grow. 

Baby A

Baby B


Perfect cupcakes-Ill never get over seeing two babies on the screen. 

11 comments:

Mommy Mandy said...

Too cute! You are so adorable!

Mush George said...

It's so amazing! I can't even begin to imagine how you must feel. I can remember one baba kicking about in my belly but 2 at the same time is going to be crazy! So excited for you! x

Stace said...

April 6th is the perfect day to find out-- that's my due date!! :) I'm so thrilled for you guys. Perfect babies for a perfect little family!

Suzanne said...

So happy for you guys! Don't be surprised if you start craving carbs. I ate an embarrassing amount of pasta. You should shoot to gain around 50 lbs. I felt first kicks around 14 weeks. Everything seems like it happens sooner when you have 2 in there. If you have any questions or just want to talk with another twin mama, email me! :)
xoxo

amanda said...

it's been awhile since i've been on your blog. BUT CONGRATS!! twins!! how exciting!! having five kids in as many years, i can only tell you it's insanely crazy fun!! you'll be a great momma to four kids under four.

Chelley N said...

Congrats again! You look great and I can't imagine how happy you must be!!!

JoyBelle said...

Sweet babies! I craved potatoes, milk and cookies and brownies with my girls!!! LOL! Of course each momma is different but had to throw that out there.

I've heard mommas of multiples have extreme fatigue, not necessarily more/rougher morning sickness than a singleton. I hadn't know that! I always assumed moms of multiples might be way, way sicker (and that may be true for some, I'm sure). So hoping the sickies stay away and you get lots of rest. WOW! So stoked for you!!!

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

What is cheese friend? I Hope this is an easy pregnancy for you-yah twis!!!

Kelly said...

You are glowing mama! You look great and SO very happy! Can't wait to stay updated with these cupcakes!

Melissa said...

I agree with you, it is amazing to see 2 babies...what a blessing it is too carry 2. You will grow fast! Enjoy your twin pregnancy!

Caz said...

Erin you should watermark your photos.
There are lots of weirdo's out there who will steal them.