Friday, February 8, 2013

Best Week EVER!

That moment, when you dont think your week could get any better..and then it does? It happened!


Wednesday morning, I was at my sisters house, discussing cake pops with a friend whos making them for Gavins birthday party. My phone did the alert for a new email and I clicked on it while talking with her. As soon as I saw the subject, my heart was racing.

I started to fan my face and tears welled in my eyes. I clicked on the email and read, Congratulations. I see his start date of February 19th. I start jumping up and down and screaming..telling her how this is the email we have been waiting for. I couldnt believe it. Tom was at home, sleeping and I wanted to run home and tell him ASAP. I let the kids finish playing and then we headed back home. I put Gavin in his CPD romper and  walked into the bedroom. I had my camera on my phone going..Tom rolled over and I said. "Gavin wanted to dress like Daddy today." Tom replied with, "he looks cute" and started talking to G. I said, "Babe. You start February 19th!"..he was still half asleep, but so thrilled. 

My husband was offered his dream job. Its still not real. A Chicago Police Officer. What an honor!

I am so proud of him. The hiring process has been stressful and draining for our entire family. Its been month after month of uncertainty in our future. I am relived that we can finally move forward and plan everything out! 

That being said, everything will be turned upside down the next few months. He has to reside in the city on the first day of the academy. He will be living with his friend John, who is also in the academy and started a few months ago. That means Ill be a single mother of 2 young boys, while pregnant, for an undecided amount of time. Our current lease is up May 1, but we may try to get out of it a bit earlier so we can live together again. Its going to be tough, especially until I start to feel better. Ill need to start packing, donating and organizing. Tom helps SO much when he is home that itll be a huge change. 

Then theres the insurance issue. We are insured on day 1, but Im not sure what the coverage is like or what docs we could use. Im not sure if I should keep my OB who I love and travel into the suburbs for the many appointments and then be an hour away from the hospital. I dread switching pediatricians. One thing at a time, I have to keep reminding myself of that.

But, really. Monday, we saw 2 perfect heartbeats in our twins and Wednesday Tom gets offered his dream job. We are walking around with goofy grins and swelling bellies. :0)

12 comments:

Carly said...

So, so happy for you. Everything is just turning out as you have dreamed, and as it should. So exciting.

Sarah said...

that is amazing! so glad everything is working out so well! :)

Kelly said...

Yeah Erin! Soooo happy for you guys! You deserve this! Amazing news!

Aaryn said...

So thrilled for you-I hope you cherish these times and remember them when you need strength! Again, don't know how you're doing it pregnant with two. Little by little you'll get it figured out, no doubt!

www.myroseamongthorns.blogspot.com

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Great week for you guys!!!

Molly said...

I've been so bad at blog reading lately. I show up here and it's all new jobs and TWINS?!?! Congrats girl! So exciting!

Holly said...

EKKK!!! So happy for you guys! God works in AWESOME ways!

mom7 said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news.

abbymcalpine said...

I just teared up reading this! HOW AWESOME!!!! So happy for you! :D

Mush George said...

It's amazing news! I can't believe the pregnancy ticker is back already, and we two bouncy babas!!! It's brilliant and I'm so happy for you and your family xxx

Julie Rogers said...

Just found your blog and what exciting news---job and twins:) Look forward to reading more! If you have a moment, come on over to http://thechirpingmoms.com/ and check out our baby week wrap-up, lots of great posts and giveaways! Julie

Angela Conti said...

OMG! I lost your bookmark and had to google you. I last read that you were spotting. Then today I read that 1. You're having twins!!!!! and 2. Tom got his dream job. Super big congrats!!!