Thursday, January 10, 2013

PUPO!!!

Today could have been a disaster, but it turned out just perfect. Gavin slept well and woke up feeling okay. There is something still off about him..he has a low fever and was tired all day..but no more vomit. He ate and drank normally. I was very thankful to not have to worry about my baby when I had to worry about my other babies.


The morning flew by and we headed downtown around lunchtime. We made awesome time and had plenty of time to go to Sprinkles. It was literally directly across from the parking garage. We got black and white, red velvet, banana and smores. :)




We got to the surgery center about 10 minutes early and I peed and then started to drink my bottle of water. One transfer, I didnt have a very full bladder and it took a while for Dr. M to get the cathedar in. I didnt want that to happen this time. Its one of the few things I have control over. 

They were running about 20 minutes behind. My bladder was feeling fuller by the minute and the nerves really kicked in. They finally called my name and I got suited up, signed papers and Dr. M came right in. Our first 2 embryos thawed beautifully and we still have 4 on ice. So, so thrilled about that! 

I told them my bladder was about to explode and they took us right back. The transfer was the fastest and easiest yet. They had a newer screen where I could watch everything, so that was nice. There is something very special about knowing the exact moment life enters your body. I squeezed Toms hand tight...partially bc I was in horrible pain. ;)

They wheeled me back and I had to lay flat for 30 minutes. About 5 minutes in I gave up and asked for a bedpan. Not my finest moment, but I felt so much better.



We got in the car and I made my pregnancy beta test for next Friday, my birthday, at 10am. I realized that Id be pregnant on my birthday for 2 years in a row. I like that. :) Ill probably test the day before I go in. We will see!! 

I spent the rest of the night hanging around, playing with the boys and relaxing. I am wiped out from the stress of the day and am looking forward to sleeping tonight. 

I really hope these two cupcakes decide to snuggle in and hang around. We promise to make it worth their while. 

Thanks for all of the comments, emails and texts. And thank you iPhone, for documenting our day. 

17 comments:

juliane2004 said...

Congrats!

Melissa said...

Take it easy and I hope those little babies are getting all tucked in!!

Leslie Lambert said...

This is so great to hear...I was thinking about you earlier and hoped it all went ok!

Triple Threat said...

Yay!! Love the update, excited for you guys!!

Heather said...

yay!!! hoping for good news next week! :)

Jessica@ Southern Belle {BOY MOM} said...

Prayers headed your way!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Praying those babies hang tight and that you have a GREAT birthday next week! :)

Pete, Ali, Charlie and Rosie said...

Have been thinking of you all day! Have my fingers crossed that you get the best birthday present next week! :-) x

Erin and Ryan said...

Hoping to see good news next week! Praying!

Kelly said...

Congrats....praying for babies!

Allison said...

YAY! I hope they both stick! :)

April said...

YAY! I'm so glad things went well!

Dana said...

Woohoo!! I so added u on instagram and when I saw the cupcakes picture I squealed!!! :) soo excited for yall! Praying u have the best bday present ever with an awesome beta!!!

juliane2004 said...

Forgot to ask when are you going to test?

Kelly said...

Getting a little teary eyed. Hoping this birthday brings with it some AMAZING news :)

Jessica Schmitz said...

Congrats! Very exciting. My IVF cycle was just cancelled. I'm super envious that yours went to smooth. But truly happy for you. btw...what city are you in? I want a cupcake vending machine. So cool.

Lisa said...

I'm so happy for you Erin!!! FX!!