Saturday, November 10, 2012

Veterans Day

I got an email from Shutterfly this week, informing me about their new page, Thank the Troops. Here is what Shutterfly has to say..

Over 1.5 million troops serve our great nation. Many of them will be overseas, in harm’s way, and away from their families over this holiday season. Our mission is simple—to send a thank you card to every American hero. To succeed we need your support. Just select a card from our 4 different designs, add a personal message (or photo) and click send.  Shutterfly will print and ship your card to the troops at no cost to you.

I did one from my facebook account and one from Toms. I added photos of the boys from the Fourth of July and simply said thank you will never be enough.


I encourage all my readers to do the same. It takes less than 3 minutes and will make a soldier smile. 

Veterans Day is tomorrow. We are going out to dinner with our friend that retired from the military last year and I just saw that the restaurant offers him a free meal. LOVE places like that.

Now go! Thank you Troops!!


1 comments:

Adrienne Judy said...

I surpised by how many places are offering a free meal to a veteran this year. I think it is great. I don't know if I didn't pay attention last year, or if more places are just doing it this year.