Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Flight

I bought Tom an amazing gift for Fathers Day two years ago. A flight lesson to take place over beautiful Chicago. Time flew by and we needed to set up a day to go before it expired! 

It occurred to me that Trevor would enjoy joining us on the flight. I called to make sure they would allow a 2 year old and they said yes! We picked a perfect night and had so much fun.

Tom flew the whole time, other than landing. He really loves flying and wishes it were less expensive to become certified. We were over water 99% of the flight, which made me a bit nervous. 





Take off!







Go Bears!


Nothing beats the Chicago skyline. Its even more breathtaking from the air. :)





Trevor did awesome! He put the headphones on and kept repeating, "Hi, Daddy!" over and over. He loved seeing 'Cago. At one point, he requested to sit with Tom in the front of the plane. He was disappointed at the end when we did not land at the cottage. Im not sure where he got the idea of us flying there!

I, on the other hand, was disappointed the plane didnt take us to Disneyworld. ;) 4 months until our big vaca!

4 comments:

Amber said...

What a neat gift!! Sounds like a wonderful time.

Carly said...

pictures are brilliant! You guys had perfect weather for that. What a great gift :)

Lindsay said...

That is such a great idea! And by the way, I love that Tom has on an Alabama shirt! Roll Tide Roll!

Aimee said...

I would have been a nervous wreck the whole time but that was definitely a neat gift!

The views are beautiful! I've always wanted to go to Chicago!