Friday, June 29, 2012

E & E

For those of you that have been reading for a while, you know about Evan. For those that dont, here is a quick recap..


We became friends via our blogs when we both were about to start our first IVF cycles. We established three goals. Get Evan pregnant, get Erin pregnant and introduce our babies at Disneyworld. Thankfully, our dreams came true! We cycled together and were pregnant days apart. She ended up with THREE miracles-Andrew, Bradley and Charlotte. Of course, I became Trevors mom. 

We met up at Disneyworld in September 2010. I could tell you every detail of that day. It was amazing to meet her whole family in person and brought us much closer together!

The kids grew and we had many visits. After I started trying to get pregnant again, she was a huge support. She flew up to Chicago to join me for my second FET. I asked for a trip to Atlanta for my birthday.

We both got pregnant in February. We were so excited to share in the joy together again. Sadly, we both miscarried. I leaned on her from a few states North. She got me through my saddest days.

We spent Mothers Day weekend together in Ohio last year. Every time we get together it is too short and so much fun. In true Evan and Erin fashion, we both got pregnant again. ONE day apart. Trevor and I traveled down to Atlanta for the triplets 2nd birthday last August. Evan and I were 10 weeks pregnant. We got to take a few pregnant pictures together and I will always cherish them.

Months flew by and we had our babies! Stella was born February 21 and Gavin on March 2. Because of those munchkins, we have not seen each other since last August. Our streak of seeing each other every 3 months really changed.

BUT, in just over a month..we are heading down to Atlanta! Tom, Trevor, Gavin and I are all hopping in the car for the {quick} 13 hour drive. I get to hug Evan! And meet Stella! And play with the triplets!! Im just a tiny bit excited!

We have fun plans in the works and of course, will love being at the kids birthday party on Saturday. I think were going to stay until Monday morning and then break the drive home into two days, stopping in between for a hotel stay and some fun.

I just can not wait! Im very happy Tom gets to come with this trip. And I love watching the kids interact. I always try to leave the vacation with another one in the works. We will see what we come up with. :)


8 comments:

melissa78 said...

Awesome story!! I wish you safe travels and a wonderful mini vacation!!

Jill said...

That's so awesome! I'm glad you guys are getting to see each other soon and share some baby loves... Very sweet!

Carly said...

I love this story, it's so special. You guys are going to have such a great time. I cannot wait for the blog post of pictures of that trip!

Kelly said...

Sounds like fun! I love your back story with her! Amazing!

Fiona aka DRMama said...

What a fantastic story!! Have a lovely time! :)

Triple Threat said...

So excited for you guys! If we hadn't moved from ATL recently, I would have loved to meet up with all of you ;) Evan and I have crazy similar stories too. Tell her my singleton after my triplets was a girl too. Love that you have such a great friendship and I look forward to updates and pictures =)

Andy & Katie said...

Can't wait to see you! And I feel like it is necessary anytime one goes on vacation to start planning the next...or maybe three?!? Ha. ;) See y'all soon.

Sarah said...

Such a sweet story! Does Evan have a blog?