Monday, May 21, 2012

Need Sleep

Oh, how I wish there were more hours in a day. 24 just isnt cutting it. The past week or so has been particularly long and draining for both me and Tom. Tom picked up a ton of extra work due to the NATO Summit Chicago hosted this weekend. Today is day 9 of 12 straight for him. Were talking his regular 40 hours + an additional 7 shifts all within 12 days. At least itll be nice when payday comes and we pay off our Disney trip and then some. I love my hardworking man!

Obviously, I havent had much help recently and I am running on close to empty. Two kids of my own, plus the children that come over for me to babysit, trying to manage the bills, keep a clean house, run errands, fight colds, breastfeed, doctors appointments, and so on. 

Yes, we are very much looking forward to a weekend spent at the cottage. Friday can not come soon enough!

Gavin had his 2 month check up, about 2 weeks late, and got a fantastic report. He is only 11 lb. 6 oz..such a peanut. He is a little lover, smiling and cooing all day. He has started batting at toys and really interacting.


Trevor had a little half birthday bash with his best buddy, who is 9 days younger! They played in the sprinkler and sandbox, exchanged a little gift and ate half a cake, of course.


Tom and I celebrated 6 years of marriage on Friday. We went to dinner and really enjoyed ourselves.


So much more to say..perhaps tomorrow. :)

6 comments:

Courtney said...

I love hearing how things are going. Yikes, 12 days with no help... you are super mom! I have a hard time with 12 hours of no help. I love two kids too, but it sure does make for a busy momma!

Jessica said...

Sounds like Gavin had a great checkup!! Hope you have a relaxing weekend :D

Meagan said...

You look great for just 2 months post baby! We had 2 kids over this weekend with their parents and I was exhausted. I can't imagine if I had 2 of my own and no help and kids to babysit! No way would clean house be on the list!

Jill said...

Your body looks fabulous! Did you really just give birth? OMG!

Crazy about Tom's work schedule, but it will be one heck of a paycheck, it sounds like!

Hope you get some time this weekend to catch up on some zzzzz's. :)

My hubby is traveling for one day and golfing the rest. I'm hoping to hit up nap time with my baby so that we both can get some good zzzz's. :)

Carly said...

wow 6 years already?!! Time really does fly. I bet it;s strange to look back and look at what you've both accomplished since then. You're a very blessed family in so many ways :)

Jessah @ Dreaming of Dimples said...

I just found your blog. Now following along. Hope I'm as fortunate as you and my upcoming IVF is a success. Your story inspires me!