Monday, April 9, 2012

Two Bills

Last week I received 2 bills in the mail, one day apart. Tuesday, it was a bill for our frozen embryo storage. It costs us $800 to keep our embryos frozen for a year. Ouch. I told Tom we need to use all 6 by next April so we don't have to pay again. ;)

Wednesday, our bill for Gavin's hospital birth came. Our total after insurance? $100. A $100 co-pay for my $12,000 birth. That is one great thing about Toms job-fantastic insurance coverage.

I cant help but feel thankful for the insurance we have in IL. Without it, we never would have been able to do multiple IVF's and FET's that brought us them.


Two little men, worth every penny.

8 comments:

Jamie said...

I wish Texas would figure that out. IVF is not covered under most insurances. Its only a mandate to offer. That's it.

asrubin10 said...

I wish my embryo storage was $800! In NY I pay $1200!!! And I'm sure it will go up soon, if it hasn't already. I'm due to pay...

Shawna said...

I am in IL but my employer only offers 10K lifetime infertility coverage. Did IVF once and the 10K didnt even cover all that. Do you know any secrets? I would love to do IVF again.

Amber said...

That's awesome! One reason I need to keep working through the birth of this little guy...it will only cost me $250 to deliver him.

I can't remember what our embryo storage would have been. I'm thinking $600, but we never had any make it to freeze and that was in Indiana.

Sarah said...

man, that is fantastic insurance! I wish our little man's birth had only cost us $100! Congrats on little Gavin!

Carly said...

you guys are definitely very lucky. Just shows how everything was 'meant to be'. Hubby was meant to be a police offer so that he's doing the job he loves, you get amazing insurance and that gives you the family you've always dreamed of. You have a beautiful perfect family.

Can't wait to read about the journey to number 3 when that time comes :)

Angela said...

What wonderful insurance! My husband and I didn't have the struggles you had to start our family, but we have a hefty $5,000.00 deductible to pay for the birth our handsome little boy! I had him naturally and there weren't any complications. Not to mention $250/month is deducted for health insurnace from his paychecks!

brandy said...

I work in healthcare and my insurance is not that great! Trevor is so cute on his scooter and Gavin is so wide eyed! How blessed!