Thursday, February 16, 2012

Sprinkled

My friends Sam and Elli threw me a "sprinkle" this past weekend. They suggested it a while back and I told them it was silly since we were having another boy. Second showers are not very common in our area. I jokingly suggested waiting until I get my girl and they said they will just throw another one..haha. I'm glad we did it. This baby boy is blessing and he deserved to be celebrated for a day.


We played a name game and there was one name that was the unanimous favorite. Of course, I am not in love. :/ We ate yummy food and opened presents and the time flew.


Trevor didn't leave the sweet table for the first hour. Look at how romantic he looks licking that frosting..


Baby boy got a lot of great gifts! A ton of onesies, which will be great to have him in this summer.

We got the car seat adapter for the stroller, a new mobile, new diaper bag, lots of little essentials, a fabulous diaper cake, new toys, etc.





LOVE this one. Mommys Hunk, 2nd in command

Delaney was my assistant, as usual


Elli arranged for us to Skype with Evan and the triplets. It was such a sweet surprise. The only negative thing about us sharing our pregnancies so close is that we couldn't visit one another. If I was not ready to pop, I have no doubt that me and Trevor would be caring for the triplets while she has her c-section. Its okay, we are hoping to meet up when the babes are a month or so old.





The hostesses. :) Sam is 14 weeks pregnant. I cant wait to start planning her shower!


Family. My Mom, sister, brothers 2 girlfriends..oh, and Trevor. Rylan was sleeping.


So excited to add one more to these pictures!!


I do need to make a few returns/exchanges/purchases this weekend. The big one is a breast pump. I used my sisters for Trevors 1st year and pumped like a mad woman. Now, she is using it for Rylan(Dont worry, we get all new parts) and will need it until the summer. I think its time for me to buy my own and know I have a new one for him and all future babies. Medela is the most popular and the one I used in the past. What kind of pump did you use? Did you love/hate it? I am open to suggestions!


Tom finished painting the boys room yesterday and it looks great. Operation get the nursery 100% ready is happening and I hope to be done by Sunday!


Oh yes, about my doctors appointment. I got there early and was the first appointment of the day. And I had to wait 45 minutes until he came in. I was very frustrated! My BP was high when I first arrived and I had to lay on my side for it to go down. If they would have taken it after those 45 minutes, Im sure it would have been much higher!! Everything looked great and unfortunatley, there was no change to my cervix. I felt so defeated. They wont talk induction with me until I have more going on. I return on Monday and am hoping for some progress.


I am in no rush to not be pregnant anymore. I love being pregnant. Sure, I am uncomfortable and exhausted, but I am thankful for it! I truly just fear having another huge baby with complicatoins. I will be giving the doctor my plea on Monday to get him out in less than 2 weeks. At this point, he is ready. Its a matter of my body being ready, before they will induce. I am doing everything in my power to help that process!


18 comments:

April said...

You look fabulous! :)

Mrs. M said...

get the medela free style...i love it more and more each day! so easy, so small...it is amazing!!

Heather said...

Hi i’m Heather! I have a question for you! Please email me :)
HeatherVonSJ[at]gmail[dot]com

Amy said...

I have a pump suggestion :) I have the Avent Isis and I loved it! My midwife had suggested it and I was very happy with it. It is quiet and easy on sore boobs :) Good luck with your new little guy!

Cori said...

So glad you were sprinkled! For what you have to go through to get pregnant, you should get one ever time if you ask me:) I'll be thinking of you these next few weeks and sending labor vibes your way! I am dying to know your baby boy's name and to see his sweet face!!!!!!

Kristen said...

Been reading for a while, congrats on the new little guy! Trevor is such a cutie! I pumped exclusively (read an insane amount) for 9 months with the Ameda Purely Yours (no bells and whistles just the pump) and loved it and its price!

t.b.f.love. said...

We have the Medela Pump-In-Style and I was very happy with it :) Have you considered the name Declan? It's what we're using for our baby boy, due 4/5/12, but I was just thinking that it might meet some of your name "preferences," if I remember correctly: Irish, 2 syllables, 6 letters? Just an idea to add to your considerations!

Debbie said...

My first baby was 9 pounds - induced 2 weeks post date. If I can vaginally deliver that with minimal tearing, you will be fine. Don't rush your son out. Even at "term" (35 weeks), baby can still have underdeveloped lungs. The second delivery is easier, so even if he is big, you will be fine. Good luck!

Melli said...

I have to agree with Debbie. All pregnant women want that baby to be born asap but honestly no of those babies will stay inside ;-) Nature planned it all well and your body is able to give birth also to big babies. Mine were both waaaaayyyyy over 9 pounds and also really long and I didn't have any problems with it.

As for the breast pump, I just one from Avent. A manual one that served the purpose very well.

Tiffany said...

I have the Medela Freestyle. It was an awesome pump for me. As far as electric pumps go, my lactation consultant says Medela pumps are good for keeping power through use for multiple children. I can't wait to find out what name you choose! Good luck!

Chris and Jaime said...

The Medela Freestyle is simply amazing. You can take it in any bag you want, you can carry it around the house and it can be charged so you aren't attached to an outlet. Check with your insurance, our insurance pays 100% of any pump purchase every 3 years. Good luck with your upcoming labor!

Lindsay said...

You are seriously the skinniest pregnant person ever! I used the Medela pump at the hospital and loved it! Can't wait for baby boys arrival, he's going to be so sweet and handsome!

Molly @ Me and Madeline said...

My Medela PIS is a work horse! Worth every penny. I used it to pump about 3 times a week for over a year when I was working part time after my daughter was born.

Cori said...

How are you doin' mama??? Thinking about you!

Kelly said...

Just checking in!! 39 weeks. How are you hanging in there?

Maggie said...

Just checking in- hope everything is going well! Thinking of you!

Jessica said...

Wanted to put in my glowing review of the Medela Freestyle - I absolutely loved it - and it kept my milk up when my daughter was unexpectedly hospitalized at a week old, for 2 weeks I had to pump all the time and the nurses were amazed by how much I was bringing them! LOVED it.

Stace said...

I am definitely expecting pictures and a post about a beautiful baby boy very soon!! :) xo