Sunday, January 8, 2012

A Text

I got this text message from my friend Elise earlier today:

So, I'm at work today and a lady came in from Denver who is doing fertility treatments and needs a blood test on a specific day of her cycle. We don't do labs on Sundays and she wanted it shipped to her physician in Denver, which is already kinda a pain in the butt. She was crying because she didn't know what to do...so I fought and begged the lab tech to just draw it even though we aren't supposed to. All I could think about was you somewhere and no one helping you...so YOU made this lady's day..because I won! Just thought I would tell you and let you know how strong and great I think you are.

Made my Sunday.

3 comments:

Mrs.Joe said...

Yay! What a great feeling you must have after getting a message like that :-) Looking great by the way!!

Cori said...

Sooooo Awesome! The world works in crazy ways:)

brandy said...

What an awesome friend! I have a friend that "helps me" make decisions like this at work, because she lost a baby at 23 weeks. I could go sit in my call room and cry everytime a situation arises that I need think about her. That is great that you have such a POSITIVE impact on your friend =)