Monday, January 30, 2012

Childrens Museum

Trevor's days as an only child are numbered. My work life has slowed down, which has allowed me a lot of special time with him. I have been trying to keep on day a week for fun, even though I can always come up with errands and every day tasks instead. A week or so ago, we decided to check out a different children's museum. We have a pass we bought last February which gets you in to all of the local children's museums. We have a lot around here, Id say 4 or 5 within a 40 minute drive. We have used it a ton and it has paid for itself again and again. We plan to go a few more times next month and then renew in April or May.

This museum was a huge hit! Trevor stood at the sand table for almost 30 minutes straight. Its a good thing the Easter bunny is bringing him a sandbox. :) We went with our friends Elise and Colton. Colton will be 1 on March 3rd, the day after I am due! It has been fun for me to watch him grow, knowing our little guy will be that size next year. He is having a big birthday bash on March 4th and I have sworn I will be there. Overdue or with a brand new baby!











We stayed at the museum about 2 hours and Trevor was exhausted. I was sure he would fall asleep in the car, but he didn't. We were pulling into our subdivision and he just started to doze off. I put him in his crib and sat down to rest a bit. Then began the 2 hour nap battle. Oh my, was it exhausting! Especially because I knew how tired he was and how much he needed to sleep. I ended up waving my white flag and he did not nap.


It all started a few weeks ago. I was in bed and heard him say, "I'm up, Mama." I didn't even have a chance to roll out of bed and then there he was, next to me. I was shocked. This was a first. A very scary first! I took the approach of telling him how dangerous it was to climb out and I didn't want him to get hurt. Who am I kidding? The kid hops out like a pro. The next few days, we endured a battle at bedtime and naptime and crabby days since he was so overtired. We were so close to buying a crib tent. Thankfully, he the new trick isn't as exciting any more and we have had days of no problems. The only negative is that he comes to bed with me the second he wakes up. I love the cuddle time, but its too early for both of us! He was sleeping until 7:30 or 8 and now he is in bed with my around 6:30. I have to say, if this is the biggest challenge we have faced in his 26 months of life, we are very fortunate!


We will transition him into either a toddler bed or a single bed once we move. It just seemed silly to make another drastic change with so much going on. We get the keys to the house Thursday evening and I am so excited! The goal is to get everything moved and somewhat organized, while avoiding going into labor.

2 comments:

Carly said...

The museum looks like fun! I can't wait until my little guys is old enough for that sort of thing.
Good luck with the move. Take it easy. I'm sure with all the moving you are a pro, but moving is hard work!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

Your son is the same age as my youngest daughter and she climbs up and down my bed, too! She walks up and down our stairs by herself too. He's starting to get really independent, awwww!