Sunday, December 25, 2011

How Much Info...

...can I cram into one post?! We will find out!

Most people are busy opening gifts and spending the day celebrating. We did our family Christmas yesterday, since Tom works today. Trevor and I had a normal morning and now he is napping. Ill write about Christmas later. My goal for now is to catch up until Christmas Eve!

I did my 1 hour glucose test almost 2 weeks ago and I passed it. I am a total sweet lover, even when not pregnant, so I was happy. :) I had an OB appointment that Wednesday. I am back to measuring on track and thrilled about that. I look small and feel small, so we were getting worried. It was a quick and easy appointment. I made the next 3, bringing me all the way to 36 weeks!

I haven't updated about our house purchase because..there hasn't been much movement. This process was a nightmare, I tell you. There was the offer and then the counters and then signing a contract and then getting the inspection done. Problems were found there and then there was the loan approval and an appraisal. Problems were found there. There was waiting and waiting and more waiting. Finally, this week, we told them to forget it. We are short on time and are pretty sure the house would need a lot of TLC and its just too much right now. We need to figure out how we do financially with 2 children and what my work schedule will be like. Luckily, we found a perfect rental! Its blocks from my sisters house as well as a downtown area with a library, shops, train station, etc. It has a full finished basement, tons of storage and a big fenced backyard. Its an actual house! We have been living in a small condo for so long, I am excited about hanging pictures and making a playroom and being able to buy in bulk because we have somewhere to put it! It looks like we will be moving the last week of Jan/first of Feb. That puts me at about 36 weeks pregnant, so I wont be much help. I cant wait to get there, get organized and make it our own.

The plan is for me to watch children at the house starting in April. I have watched children at other homes with Trevor in tow and never had a problem. Now, I cant expect to bring a breastfeeding newborn and a 2 year old to work. I am hoping I am able to line up a few children before baby boy comes..or soon after. I hope I can fill the spots and relax while on maternity leave.

We've been busy having holiday fun this whole month. I wont lie, I already packed up a lot of our decorations late last night. Its a mix of nesting and being so anxious to move and have more space!






















We exchanged gifts with a few friends. Trevor is a professional present opener and has been excited about everything. He was such a joy this year. Ill never forget him singing Drummer Boy, Jingle Bells and Santa Clause is coming to town. He loved Santa more every time we saw him. He always told him he wanted cars. :)




We celebrated Christmas with Toms family a day early too. Trevor got a few toys and we got some money as a family. We decided to put it aside and buy Trevor all of the outdoor toys he will need when we move! He has a water table, so we need a picnic table, playhouse and sand box! Oh yes, and Toms dad generously offered to buy Tom a bulletproof vest. Tom has been working one shift a week in a bad neighborhood for extra money. Vests are $500+, so we are very thankful Daddy will be protected!













Seeing Christmas through Trevors eyes was really something special. Add that in with being 30 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby boy and that is a real gift.



I look so tired..this was about midnight, after we set out all the gifts and put together the trains.




How far along? 30 Weeks. Really, THIRTY weeks!

Total weight gain/loss: Up about 12 lbs. Hoping to be up 20, just like with Trevor



Maternity clothes? Yep, got a few new shirts to look decent when we go out. :)



Sleep: Better, actually



Best moment this week: Christmas with big brother!



Movement: He is still very active, but I do think he is getting cramped in there



Food cravings: Still hot chocolate



Gender: A boy!

Labor Signs: Contractions here and there, nothing big



Belly Button in or out? Still flattening



What I miss: Being able to breathe! And getting up without it being a struggle. ;)



What I am looking forward to: HIM!



Milestones: 3/4 of the way done...EEK!




I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Amber said...

It sounds like the house wasn't meant to be and you found the perfect solution! How exciting! Glad you are feeling better about measuring right on, too.

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

I'm sorry the house didn't work out, but how great that you found such a perfect rental! Having space makes such a difference! I hope you are able to fill your spots, too, for your at-home childcare plan. It sounds like a good one!

And you look great, I can't believe we're almost there!!