Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Eve and Day

After we got home from Toms Moms house, we got Trevor to bed as quickly as possible and started building. Tom was in charge of the big train table and I worked on the Thomas one for around the tree. We watched movies and hung out, wrapped a few gifts and the time flew by. Before we knew it, it was 2am!

Trevor slept until 8 and we brought him to bed for snuggles before checking out what Santa brought. This is what he found:







He loved the train table AND the Thomas train. He was super cooperative and enjoyed opening all of his gifts. He got some useful items..plate, bowl, utensils, cups. He got some instruments, a few movies, clothes, art supplies, a few books, etc. Oh yes, and tools for his bench. Those have been a huge hit! Tom bought me a Willow angel, a Pandora charm and pajama pants. I was very happy! Tom got an iPhone a few days before, so we ordered him his Bears case. I debated a lot of other items for him and decided on something I couldn't wrap. In his card, I wrote that I will plan a date once a month. Ill pick the date, arrange a sitter, make the reservations, etc. I will inform him of the plans on the 1st of the month. I am doing this because Tom and I have a hard time making time to be alone. Sure, we relax together after Trevor goes to bed. We enjoy our time with him and prefer to take him places we go. But, I really want to focus on our marriage in 2012, especially with the baby coming. We always have the option of a free sitter and need to take advantage of it more often! Thats my goal, I need to come up with something for January by Sunday. :)












We got a few gifts for baby brother. I had a book and teether and found a few holiday outfits on clearance a few days before Christmas. I cant wait to see him in them next year!





The rest of our day was LAZY! We had cinnamon rolls for breakfast, Trevor was tired early due to the night before and took a great nap. We went to see the Chipmunk movie, since Trevor loves them so much. It was a great day spent with our little family.


I mentioned Christmas morning was normal for us. As soon as Trevor woke up from his nap, we headed over to my parents house. Everyone was arriving and the kids were anxiously waiting for Uncle Tom to get there so we could start opening! I love Christmas at my parents. With all of the kids, its mass chaos. And we keep adding to the brood..little man is #7!


I wrapped a box and wanted to get this picture. Then, Mikey hopped in and we decided to do all of the kids!













Tom walked in the door and paper started flying. There are 4 of us siblings, plus my parents and my Aunt buy for all of the kids. Yep, they are totally spoiled that day. Trevor got some great toys, we got a pass to the Arboretum and my parents bought all of us adults Country Thunder tix.




Here are our little loves..Seriously, I am crazy about each and every one!



We had a delicious dinner, thanks to my brothers Italian girlfriend. We talked about our Florida trip. We laughed until we cried. I love my family so much..I always remind Tom how lucky he got marrying into it. ;)

Lastly, here is Rylan in her Christmas tutu. Of course, she needs one for each holiday. I bought her 5 bows for Christmas..the best part? I will get them back when I have a girl! Someday!




And here we are, days away from 2012. Unbelievable!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That train set is amazing! Did it come like that on the table or was it a kit you can buy?

Kerrymarie said...

aww trevor is soo cute!! that train set is adorable! xx

Meant to be a mom said...

Every little boys dream :) I'm sure he absolutely loved all of it. It looks like all the kids had a good Christmas. I can't hardly believe its over. The pics of Mr. Trevor are so cute. He's getting so big.

Ashley said...

Looks like an awesome Christmas!! Trevor is too cute!

Melissa said...

We bought the same train table for Cassie, I just saw another blog where they bought it for their daughter.....popular Christmas gift!