Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Wrapping It Up

We have been back from vacation for far too long to still be posting about it. We've been on the go since our return. Then again, when are we not?! I want to skip forward to November, since its a BIG month in our house. Give me a post or two and Ill get there.

Our last full day in San Diego was spent at the zoo! We had another day of perfect weather and I found a discount for our tix, so I was happy they actually worked. :) The zoo is HUGE. And hilly. I was beyond exhausted from the week and I only brought flip flops. My feet hurt, I had a headache(luckily the only day while there!) and I was huffing and puffing up the hills. A pregnant person did not design the zoo. Our tickets included the sky tram and the double decker bus tour. That helped up see a ton of animals. We missed out on feeding the giraffes, which I was pretty sad about. We will have to roadtrip to Indianapolis this summer to feed them there.

We made sure to see the animals we dont have at our local zoos...koalas, panda bears and elephants. Trevor had tons of fun and cant seem to get enough of animals. It prompted me to buy him a LP zoo for his birthday.








Teddy gram face on the bus!




We had his hand print made into a monkey for his room. It turned out so cute. Ill have to get a pic of the complete project.












We were walking and behind us was this! They were moving him to another cage. Apparently him and the white dog are BFF's. How cool is that?




If I had known that these little pennies would bring Trevor so much joy, we would have been getting them all along. He loved his pennies!






We barely ate at the zoo and decided that since it was our last night and Sweetest Day, we would splurge on a nice dinner. We went to Outback and it was delicious! We happened to dine right next to a Target, that was 2 floors. I have quite a relationship with Target and you better believe I had Tom fill a cart just so we could put it down the escalator. And I took pics on my phone. Such a tourist..


We packed our things and had another early day of travel. We dropped our rental car, hung at the airport and were on a non stop at 6:30am. Trevor was wonderful for the flight and we soaked it in; his last free flight! It was nice to get home at noon, Chicago time and have the rest of the day to unpack, do laundry and grocery shop.


I cant even put into words how special this trip was for us. Tom and I are very involved with our friends and families. Its rare that we have time with just the 3 of us. This is probably the last time Trevor will have a full week of both of us to himself. None of our other kids will get that. One thing I will always remember is that when we would be waiting in lines, Trevor was often in our arms. He would pull our heads together and say "Fam tiss!" That means family kiss and all 3 of us smooch. We do this at home often and this was the first time Trevor would suggest it. It was so sweet..like he was saying thank you for bringing me to such a fun place!


I think there may be a tiny trip or two between now and next October. Our bi-annual trip to DisneyWorld is being planning this week. What can I say? We love the mouse.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh wow looks like you guys had a wonderful time! What a great trip filled with amazing memories. I am sure it is something you will treasure forever. And we do the family kiss, too. I would LOVE for my little one to initiate it one day!!!

April said...

A TWO floor Taget?!?!?! I would have been in Heaven!!!!

Lori B. said...

There is actually a 2 story Target near Chicago. I can't remember the exact location but my one of my Business Classes in college visited it (think it might be in one of the suburbs). It was the coolest thing I've ever seen!! Ok not really but still, it's pretty high up there :-)

Tiffany said...

Told you that zoo was huge. I was pregnant too when we went... very exhausting. We too did the hand print animals, which reminds me, I still haven't framed the thing. Bad Mommy! Hoping to get a little package out to you next week, the sickies really have the guys down this week. Take care love, love the zoo pics.

Stace said...

Come visit here, there's a 2 story target 5 minutes from me! Colby often makes us take the escalator just so we can put the cart on it. Johnny has to go down the elevator with the girls then. :)

The Riggs Family said...

Looks like a really fun trip! My daughter got really into those pennies this year too. We had to get one everywhere we went. Luckily, one museum we visited over the summer had a book where you could store them.

Cin said...

Hi Erin,

I had to grin at the Koala. I was at dog training on Thursday night and we had a koala descend and wander from tree to tree.

Trevor is such a sweetie and getting to be such a big boy!