Saturday, August 27, 2011

13 Weeks

How far along? 13 Weeks!!
Total weight gain/loss: Even
Maternity clothes? Not yet
Sleep: Still tired all the time..and usually not sleeping well at night
Best moment this week: great report at the OB appointment
Movement: I felt Trevor starting at 15 weeks..I am so anxious to feel this baby!
Food cravings: Cold drinks, chocolate
Gender: Today, I say boy
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: Nothing!
What I am looking forward to: Movement, gender reveal
Weekly Wisdom: A heartbeat monitor can make a bad day much better :)
Milestones: Out of 1st trimester!!!

I went to the OB on Friday and the appointment went great! I met the 2nd of 4 doctors and he was very nice. He reviewed my chart, asked a few questions and asked if I had any. I have been dizzy throughout the day and he said its due to the extra progesterone while pregnant. He said my uterus was measuring on track and babys heartbeat was 146 bpm. I think I have a UTI, so I gave my urine and they will let me know on Monday. I made my next OB appointment for the end of September and went ahead and scheduled our 20 week ultrasound too. Its set for October 18!

I want to know the sex of the baby before we go to California on the 10th. That way, I can shop! Tom and I will go do a gender scan at a local boutique on October 3rd and keep it to ourselves for a few days. October 9th, Tom is running the marathon. Afterward, we will gather our family and friends for dinner and reveal it then. Im not sure how exactly..perhaps a pink or blue cake..or two balloons and pop the one that is wrong? Any suggestions are welcome!

I was feeling confident the baby is a girl until the past few days. I have been brainstorming names and boys names are tough! I adore Trevor Michael and dont know how we will find one that is as perfect. I keep joking that the baby will be Trevor #2. Or Trevorina if its a girl. ;)

7 comments:

Rachel said...

The way we revealed the sex of our baby was to get an opaque black balloon and filled it up with helium and pink confetti (it was a girl). It turned out better than I thought because when my mom popped the balloon, the confetti flew EVERYWHERE! It shot up in the air and then slowly fell to the ground. It was so awesome.

Can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

I suggested a gender reveal party and my mom was horrified- she said there is no way she can wait any longer! LOL. I think it is such a fun idea, though. I love the whole cake idea with the blue or pink frosting inside so you have to cut it to find out.

I'm right there with you on the name issue too- it's so hard to top the first one!

Mush said...

So exciting! Found 4 ways here : http://www.livestrong.com/article/217627-how-to-reveal-the-gender-of-your-baby/

xx

Sarah said...

ooh names are the hardest part! We had tons of girl names picked out then found out we're having a boy and we've managed to find 1 name that we can agree on. what a pain!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

Rachel's gender reveal is a GREAT IDEA!!! My mom-in-law would have a cow with the confetti, though, so we'd probably do that one outdoors, LOL!

I did the cake thing that Jessica mentioned. We videotaped my husband's parents cutting into the cake to reveal the pink frosting (except our gender ended up being wrong; they were at our 3D scan when we realized SHE was a HE). It was just a lot of fun!

Crossing My Fingers said...

I'm a little behind so...CONGRATS!

Molly said...

congratulations, girl! very exciting! love the confetti idea rachel said! we are having naming issues over here. i love cooper william and am afraid that baby #2's name won't live up!