Monday, June 20, 2011

Its been 4 days?

I am 4 days post 5 day transfer. Friday, the day after the transfer, I had a significant amount of cramping. I was on the beach most of the day and it got to the point where I just wanted to go up to the cottage and lay on the couch. Then, Saturday, I had a teeny bit of spotting. I hope both of those are steps in the right direction!

Usually at this point, I am going crazy. Analyzing, doubting, fearing the worst. This time? I am calm, cool and collected. I cant exactly tell you why..I just am. I am fine with not testing until Friday. If this cycle ends in a negative, I will trek on.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention on here before. You know the story of me and Evan? How we have this amazing relationship and had IVF at the same time and then FETs and then miscarriages? Well, she transferred one little bambino on Friday, 25 hours after I did. In the past, we have been 8 days apart. This time HOURS. How cool is that? I want nothing more than to share a pregnancy with her. I lost on my life dream of sharing one with my sister. I think being pregnant with Evan would be a great way to make up for it. :)

Before I go, I wanted to share some pics of the bridal shower I threw a few weeks back. I'm pretty proud of how it turned out. There are only 2 bridesmaids and the other one is non-existant in planning and had her own shower that day..so it was all up to me. I went with a picnic/lemon/daisy theme I found on a website. We hosted in my sisters big backyard. It was great weather and tons of fun.



The favors were mason jars with lemon candy slices.


Burger cupcakes..since we had BBQ food.




Delaney, the prettiest flower girl, showing off her watermelon dress.




Me and the beautiful bride.


Love Trevor in the background of this one...












Trevor with Brian and Sam. They adore him and will make the best parents!

I ordered Trevor's outfit months ago..just for the party. He was a walking picnic blanket. :) I did his initials in navy so he can wear it again for the 4th of July!


Daddy came after work to enjoy the leftovers.



<3

6 comments:

Erin W said...

Aww. Cute pictures!

So glad that you are able to stay calm. Praying! What a fun journey that would be to have with Evan! So cool!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

So glad you're feeling nice and calm! I hope that's a good sign of things to come. Also, how great would that be if you and Evan were pregnant together?!

You did an awesome job with the shower- and Trevor's outfit! So, so cute!

Kahla said...

Everything crossed and lots of prayers for you and Evan!

D said...

Can you please post the recipe for the hamburger cupcakes?! LOVE.

Dawn in NC (dfrautschy@gmail.com)

twondra said...

Love the pictures!

Thinking of you and hoping this transfer is success!

Jill said...

Such strength and courage it takes to be at peace with your most recent transfer despite the outcome.