Thursday, June 16, 2011

Great Transfer!

Last night, the nerves really kicked in. I ran errands and packed to make my life easier today. I tried to keep my mind occupied but couldn't help but let fear creep back in. I actually slept great last night and was ready to get our babies home!

I dropped Trev at my Moms, who thought I was working a half day, and was off. It should have taken me 35 minutes to get to the office..it took me an hour and 20. I was about 15 minutes late. My blood pressure was a bit high. I was checked in quickly, and suited up before I had a minute to think.

Doc came in and said our 2 embryos thawed beautifully and we still have 6 on ice. Woo hoo! That continues our 100% fertilization and 100% thaw rates. The transfer was super smooth and my bladder was very full. Being wheeled out, Doc said he wont sleep until we make this happen. Neither will I, neither will I.

I sat for the 30 minutes, reading my US Weekly. I was so happy to use the bathroom and was on my way back to the suburbs. I stopped for Dunkin Donuts and picked up Trev.

He fell asleep in the car and I just transferred him to his bed. I was able to relax on the couch for almost 2 hours and now I'm just getting a few items ready to go.

So, 2 perfect embryos are in my uterus. And were headed to Wisconsin to celebrate Fathers Day. Its a wonderful day. :)

17 comments:

Nichole said...

Thinking positive thoughts for you and your 2 babies! You are pregnant until proven otherwise! Best wishes and have fun relaxing!

Shelby said...

Good luck!!! Positive vibes coming your way!

mag said...

Really crossing my fingers for you hon. I hope this weekend is super relaxing and fun for your family. Take care of yourself and know that we all have you in our prayers!!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

So glad to hear everything went so well. I will keep praying for you guys- have a very relaxing weekend!!

Lori B. said...

Praying, praying, praying this works!!! Maybe both will stick :-)

Courtney and the Boys said...

Thinking of you and your sweet family. Glad to hear things went well!

Kalle said...

Congratulations on a great transfer. Lots and lots of positive thoughts to you and the family and the new bean. Have a great father's day weekend

Kim Runyon said...

Hi Erin! I've been following your journey for awhile now (way back when you thought Trevor was a she!) just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you!

Courtney said...

You are a brave woman and deserve every moment of relaxation you can give yourself over the next two weeks.

Jill said...

I'm telling ya, start laughing. ;)

Honeybee said...

i'll be thinking positive and hoping for the best for you!! have a fabulous weekend!

Once Upon A Time said...

Sounds like it went almost perfectly! Enjoy your weekend!

Jennifer said...

I've been reading your blog since you found out you were pregnant with Trevor. I appreciate your willingness to share your story! I'm praying AT LEAST one of those little embryos will stick and that you will have a happy healthy pregnancy! :)

Angelwingsbaby said...

So glad that your transfer went well and you are going for a relaxing weekend.Thinking of you! -Megan

Melli said...

Good luck for you! Take time to relax and don't stress too much! I know it is probably easier said than done but you don't do yourself any good if you put yourself under pressure.

All the best from Berlin, Germany,
Melanie

Staci said...

I think you have found a wonderful dr. The fact that he said he wouldn't sleep until "it happened" speaks volumes about his positive attitude and caring for his patients. I am praying for you and have a wonderful Father's Day weekend!

Tiffany said...

Good luck Hun. How very exciting. Remember... 3rd times a charm. Have a wonderful weekend.