Wednesday, June 29, 2011

BFP Details

Thank you so much for all of the congrats! I only gave numbers on my last few posts and I want to add details so I can tell the baby one day.

Like I said, I rushed home Wednesday night, chatted with Tom a bit and snuck into the bathroom. Pregnant came up again and I walked out to the living room and said, "I feel like a broken record, but the test says pregnant." We hugged and kissed and that was it. I went to get a pedicure and soaked in the result.

My blood test was Friday morning and I was so nervous. We had a busy day planned and I was distracted. The nurse called around 1 and I missed it! I held the phone up to my ear and couldn't believe she said she had good news! I returned the call to find out my number was 140, higher than it has ever been at that point. I was sooo happy!

Monday came around and I had my blood taken at 6:30, before work. That wait was unbearable. I was scared they would call and tell me it went down and it was over already. Once noon came around, I started to really stress. My heart was racing, my hands were shaking. Finally, at 2pm, she called and spit out my number-508! I was blown away. I would have been content with something in the 300 range. It was instant relief and joy. I did ask if she thought there are two babies and of course she said we wont know until the ultrasound. Its already scheduled for next Tuesday, the 5th at 6:30am. They usually do OB ultrasounds between 11am and 1pm and theres no way I could swing that. Luckily, the receptionist is filling in that day and offered to do mine early. Tom will be working, so itll just be me and Trev going. She said I will have 3 ultrasounds, about a week apart. After next weeks ultrasound, Ill schedule the others for Fridays so Tom can come too. I have a gut feeling its twins. I have been falling asleep thinking of them and fantasizing about twins since before the positive. We will see..

I still cant get over how good it feels to be normal. I saw pregnant on the test, had a great first beta and an exceptional second beta. No need for a third. I just continue on my meds and enjoy every second. Unbelievable!

There is no reason to worry things will go wrong. So I am not. I am soaking in this feeling and counting the seconds until that ultrasound. Conveniently, it falls right after a long, holiday weekend that i know will FLY by!

Oh yes, Evan is pregnant too. :) She found out the day after me and had a great beta yesterday. HOW DO WE KEEP DOING THIS!? I am due March 2nd, she is due March 3rd. Crazy! Trev and I are visiting them in August and I cant wait to rub bellies with her.

Lastly, my sister is due in 10 days and I cant wait to hold that little angel. I get really emotional when I think about it. I love my niece and nephews like they are my own children, but this little girl is extra special. She is the completion to their family. She is a strong little miracle after 2 miscarriages and a lot of pain. Hurry up, sweetheart!

..Dont even get me started on what it'll be like to hold this baby in my arms..



I took this while at Lake Geneva last weekend. I LOVE IT! And I cant wait to see a few more children in the lineup. :)

21 comments:

wonderchris said...

Congratulations - what a wonderful feeling!!! Have a great weekend!!

Jodi said...

Although not like you imagined, you DO get to be pregnant with your sister :) Icing on the cake!

The Rileys said...

I am so very happy for you!!! Congrats to you guys!!! Can't wait to hear if there are 2 in there!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Alyssa said...

Congrats :)

Mary Louis Quinn said...

LOVE reading all this good news! So great for Evan and her family, too!

Jill said...

Awesome news! Congratulations!

ASHLEY said...

So happy for you!!!!! Twins would be so exciting!!!!1

Brittney said...

I'm a lurker and so happy for you! Congratulations!! Praying for a smooth and healthy pregnancy ahead:)

Karen77 said...

Hi Erin. I've been a lurker and been reading about your journey for a while. I cried today when I read your happy post. I even have a friend reading your blog who is having her first baby through IVF(she is 25 weeks). Congratulations on your WONDERFUL news.:))))

fyi...I'm from the western burbs of Chicago too.:)))

Meagan said...

congratulations! love that quote about cousins!

Whitney said...

Just wanted to finally leave a comment and say congratulations! How exciting for your family!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

I am so excited for you! That's awesome Evan is pregnant, too!! Congrats to her, as well.

And even though it's not an entire pregnancy, at least you get to be pregnant with your sister for a few weeks!

invitroveritas said...

Hey - we do have so much in common. I'm waiting for my numbers as we speak for my first Beta! I love reading parallel blogs. I'm so glad you found me.

jenn said...

smiles all over the place!!!!!

Lindsay said...

Very exciting! Congratulations, I hope it's twins!!

Mrs. S said...

Congrats! Something even crazier, I live like 8 miles from LG!!! When you say you head to WI for the weekends I always have wondered where! I'm not far! Congrats again!

Dave and Elaine said...

Congrats, Erin! Cant wait to find out how many are in there!! My vote was 2 :)

Casey // align my heart, my body, my mind said...

I just stumbled across your blog and I'm really happy I found it! You might be the only 24 year old besides myself that I know who is going through IVF treatments. I've had two miscarriages with fresh cycles and my transfer for my FET is on Wednesday so I'm hoping for a happy outcome for yours. Congratulations, good luck and enjoy!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

You just made me cry! Sweet picture!!!

Nicole said...

AHHHH! I know I am late in leaving you a big fat congrats, but I promise I've been staying updated with my google reader on my phone (but that makes commenting not so easy, ya know). I was on pins and needles for you through the 2ww, and the initial beta was awesome, and when I saw that 508 I was through the roof for you! FINALLY!!! You are one resilient woman to have pushed one back to back to back so many cycles. I am SOOOOOO beyond excited for you.
On my homefront- nothing really new. We are planning the FET for my September cycle. Trying not to think about it too much until then, but your BFP & my SIL who is due any day are really giving me the TTC itch! I am so so happy for you and Tom and Trev. I can't wait to hear about the U/S!!
Oh and to hear about Evan too, what a wonderful thing. You two are just tied at the uterus it seems (as weird as that sounds, haha). For some reason my permission got deleted off her private blog, so I was glad to hear it from you :)

Kirby and Anna said...

Love you blog and I'm inspired by your stories... so I'm a new follower. Congrats on your littest one!