Tuesday, June 14, 2011

FET Timeline

Here's a timeline of the past weeks:

May 9-The nurse calls with the beta being zero. I talked with her for a bit about meeting with Dr. M to discuss moving forward. I didn't want to rush into a FET cycle without speaking with him. I felt like there should be some test we didn't do to find out why this is happening. That being said, I knew it would be tough to meet him before my period came if we did want to go forward right away. Add that to us only being able to meet late evening or on Fri/Sat when Tom is off, I was sure we would be waiting. I was shocked to find out he had a cancellation the following day for 6:30pm. Perfect! We would have to miss Trevor's swim class, but were excited to get some answers so soon.

May 10-Meet with Dr. M. He said everything was perfect and he still says it was one of the best cycles ever, yet it didn't work. He kept comparing it to a slot machine. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. I wanted him to change something for next time and he said theres no reason to. I asked what other testing we could do and he said none. There is an option for recurrent miscarriage testing but its out of pocket and unnecessary, according to him. He said even with my past, there is no greater risk of me having another miscarriage if a future cycle works. We asked about taking time off and he said there is no research that shows that helps anything, other than your mental state, of course. We ended up with 8 beautiful embryos frozen, all in single vials. We left feeling blank. We got no answers to why this has been happening other than its bad luck.

May 11-Tom and I talk and talk and talk. What should we do? He tells me its whatever I want, its my body that's been through everything the past 6 months. We end up making a little plan, short term and long. More on that later.

May 12-After 2 days of spotting, full flow period. CD1 for FET #3. Start birth control pills.

May 13-May 16-Have major issues with filling my Lupron script. There is a national backorder and I spoke with 5 different pharmacies, the nurse at least 4 times, the insurance company, etc. Turns out, there was NO Lupron anywhere so the nurse told me they could give me the one and only 2 week kit they had at the office and I could replace it when Lupron becomes available again. Phew! Tommy had to drive to the office after work to get me more BC and the Lupron. I did my first injection that evening. I also ordered all of my other meds.

May 25-Last BC pill, wait for period.

May 29-Full flow, CD1

June 1-Blood and ultrasound, start estrace, lower lupron to 5 units

June 6-Up to 2 estrace/day

June 8-Blood and ultrasound, much to my shock, my lining is already 7.98 and triple stripe! They move me up an entire week and schedule my FET for June 16th. Hope creeps back..along with fear. All along, I wanted something different with this cycle. My body took care of that and made it a much shorter cycle. I hope that makes a world of difference!

June 10-Up to 6 estrace/day

June 11-Last lupron shot

June 12-Start endometrin/PIO and lower estrace to 4/day..stay on this until pregnancy test.



That brings me to today. Less than 48 hours until transfer time. I am going alone to the transfer, for the first time. I plan to splurge and buy a few magazines and keep my mind off things. I also plan to have the fullest bladder ever. We have kept this a secret from everyone..so no family knows. My Mom thinks shes keeping Trev for me to work a half day. I am self-prescribing bedrest this time around. After Tom gets off, we will head to the cottage for the weekend. Nothing is more relaxing than that!

Blood test is scheduled for Friday, June 24th at 8am. I WILL NOT be testing this time, until beta day. I'm not just saying that..I really wont. Not after my past cycles..

I think that brings you up to speed. Thank you so much for cheering me on and understanding why I needed to take a step back. I appreciate the love and support.

Next up? Our short and long term plans for getting our healthy baby in a womb.

22 comments:

Alyssa said...

I really really really hope this works for you!

Will you test ON beta day? Or just wait for the number?

Lisa said...

Best of luck this cycle!! I am praying for you!!

Wishful In New Orleans said...

On another blog I follow she mentioned that there is a facebook page called "Give Away Acosta" where IVF girls come together and sell and donate unwanted IVF meds

Just a thought

Lori B. said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you guys!!!!!

Mush said...

Seems like there is loads different this cycle, so hope that means something.

Thinking of you and hope it all goes well for you xxx

Jill said...

I dunno if you'd be interested. But, new research has said that having a huge bout of laughing right after transfer increases likelihood of the babies implanting by 11% or so. So, go see a comedian, or watch lots of funny shows or simply just start making yourself laugh and keep laughing for a few hours. Maybe it would help, I dunno. Sounds kinda enjoyable anyway . . .

Patterson Family said...

I've never had quite the perfect cycle like you, but I remember getting the same answer from our doctor - sometimes it just doesn't work. It is all God's timing and I truly believe that (even though it is so hard to be patient sometimes). It sounds like you are in great spirits and have a wonderfully relaxing time planned. I'm sure the transfer will go great. (BTW - how many are you transferring?)

((HUGS))

Kate said...

You won't be alone in spirit! Hope everything goes smoothly on transfer day.

Jessica said...

Many, many prayers that this is the healthy, successful cycle for you guys. I will be praying nonstop until the 24th (and hopefully for 9 months after that!) Good luck.

Trish said...

I've been following your blog for some time. You are a beautiful, amazing family. The love between the 3 of you radiates in each picture. Wishing you all the positive results you deserve! Prayers your way from CA!

Kelly said...

Very excited for you! I hope you have been able to relax and I'm hoping for great results for you this time!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Praying that everything goes well!!

Mrs.Joe said...

Praying for you - I hope this is it! Good luck tomorrow!!!

Stacey said...

I'll say a little prayer for you all tonight. Good Luck!! Rest up.

Candace said...

Will be praying and checking in on you Erin! Much love from Cincy!

wallacefamilyblog said...

Best of luck I hope this is it for yall and a healthy baby!

mint said...

hang in there..i know a girl that was told she couldn't have kids & today she has 3 boys!!!!

ms_qsampson said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I just wanted to tell you that your story is beautiful. I have never struggled with fertility, but I truly marvel at the women who do. I couldn't imagine going through what you have had to go through. Your son is SO precious & I pray that God will bless you with another little miracle!

Staci said...

Continued prayers for you...haven't stopped :) Will be thinking of you tomorrow!

Kalle said...

So many prayers and good thoughts your way.

A relaxing weekend at the cottage afterwards sounds like the best medicine.

Sarah said...

I am so happy for you. Good luck with the everything! We had our last chance FET transfer on Monday, so I test on the 22nd. I also dont take home tests, so it's all or nothing next Wednesday. Fingers crossed for us both.

Shannon said...

Thinking of you today, Erin. I pray everything goes perfectly and are one step closer to the baby of your dreams!