Friday, April 8, 2011

Shift Change

Ya know how we were waiting to find out Toms new shift at work? He knew he would find out today, after being off the past 2 days. He called me on his break and shared the news. He got 7am-3pm shift, with FRIDAYS AND SATURDAYS off. Can you believe it?! There are two bad parts. One is that he will be in the psych division. Hello, worried wife. Two is our IVF schedule! There is a 50/50 chance our retrieval will be on the Thursday. That creates a BIG problem. Tom can not call into work sick..he will be fired. Hes on probation for the 1st year of employment. We have a few options..freezing sperm and using that, seeing if he can go in a few hours early to give his sample, finding someone to cover his shift for the first few hours, etc. I am going to call my nurse tomorrow and see what she thinks. I am really hoping we have retrieval on that Friday, anyway. It would mean no problems at work for Tom and less problems at work for me. The good outweighs the bad here. I mean, we will be a normal family again. Work at the same time..have dinner together..be able to go out Friday nights..have ALL DAY on Saturday to do family things. This summer went from good to better. Tom will be joining me for the 3 weddings, we can go to the cottage and use the boat, Daddy can come with us to the Dells in August, the list goes on and on. I was just saying how I was really upset about doing all of the IVF shots alone..now I don't have to. Ill take it as a "sign" that everything is going to work out just fine. :) I am so happy!

16 comments:

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura said...

I definitely think it is a sign of good things ahead. Yay for shift changes and IVF #2! :)

New Year Mum said...

Here from Cyclesistas... great that he'll have Friday/Saturdays off to enjoy with you :) Hope that your clinic can work out something for your ER... best of luck with it and sharing this cycle for baby #2 with you xoxo

Allison said...

My husband is in law enforcement also and we too received great news abou a shift change tonight allowing him to be home on the weekends with us! What a blessing!!

J.Mo said...

Yay! I'm so excited for you....Prayers that this is just the beginning of good things to come.

Sue said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay! So happy for you guys :)

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

What a great shift! I hope that you guys can find a solution for this IVF cycle and Tom's "deposit."

So glad you're feeling good!

Laura said...

That's great news!! My hubs works a wacky shift so I can understand how exciting this change will be for your fam!

Nichole said...

That is great! Hoping that things continue to go positive for you both! :o)

Mommy said...

That is awesome!!!! :) So happy for you guys! I am crossing my fingers for a Friday!!

Cherish This Life! said...

That is great news!!! I hope that everything works out for Thursday, I am sure it will. Congrats!

Tracy said...

Hi Erin! So I ordered those little onesies off of Etsy. I tried finding the same person I ordered them from just recently cause I wanted to have some made for their birthdays too, but her site shut down! All I did was search for 'embroidered personalized onesies' I believe though and a ton of different shops come up =) If you would like I can give you the info for the one I found for their b-day shirts too! She's making them now. As far as the bows, I got those at Target =) Congrats on Tom's shift change btw. That is awesome! It will be so nice for you to be a family once again!

April said...

Oh yay!!!!!!!

twondra said...

Yay! I'm so happy you're so happy! Glad things are going so well for you!

Once Upon A Time said...

So glad to see you post "I am so happy!" on your blog. That makes ME happy. :)

Shannon said...

What great news, Erin! That is a very coveted shift for someone in law enforcement. This must be a sign of even more great things to come :)