Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Picking My Jaw Up..

..off the floor. I am in total and utter shock of the morning I had. I headed downtown bright and early after sleeping approx. 4 minutes last night. There was traffic and it was pouring and I was worried about being late. I got there just a few minutes late, filled out my paperwork, paid the co-pay and sat for all of 2 minutes before they took me back. My girlfriend Sam met me, since she works a few blocks away and Tom couldn't be there. I got in my gown, her in her suit..we chatted for a few minutes about her wedding and whatnot. Then Dr. M came in.

He said this was one of the best cycles he has ever seen in his career. At day 5, we still had 13 embryos, all of which were at blastocyst stage. They grade the blast stage and they ranged in the top 3. We had 3 perfect expanding blasts, 4 at the next stage and so on. He said its almost unheard of see this. He used words like perfect and phenomenal to describe our babies. I was in shock and had no time to process it as we were out the door and headed to the transfer room.

They transferred 2, day 5, perfect, expanding blastocysts into my uterus. They will freeze 7 today and he said maybe more tomorrow. I just cant believe it.

The transfer took about 5 minutes extra than usual because my bladder wasn't totally full. I usually over do it and am so uncomfortable and this time I under did it and made it a bit harder for him. Oh well, he found my uterus and put my babies in!

I am still smiling from ear to ear, I just got off the phone with Tom and he is elated.

I simply cant believe it. 2 perfect babies and a nice thick lining..I cant wait to see two lines next week. AND to have seven frozen..that is a dream come true. Our insurance will only cover one more IVF retrieval in my lifetime, but unlimited FET's. My desire for a big family has never left my mind and now is more prominent than ever.

As Trevor would say, Hoo Hoo (His version of woo-hoo!) IM FREAKING PREGNANT!

42 comments:

Hillary said...

What awesome news! I couldn't be happier for you! You probably hear this time and time again but I totally have a feeling that "this time" is your time!

How could it not be with such over-achieving little future babies!!

xoxox

Krista said...

That's awesome Erin! Congrats!!

Bobbi said...

I have never heard of that happening! Crazy awesome news! :)

David and Elizabeth said...

I'm new to your blog and just wanted to say Congrats! I'm so glad you got great news!!

Marcie said...

That is great news! Congratulations! Now sit back and put your feet up!

Laura said...

So so so so SOOO good to hear!!!!

Coakley's Journey said...

You are PUPO....that is so awesome to here. Your RE is right, it is unheard of for all of them to make it to day 5. Congrats...

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

This is phenomenal news, Erin!! I am so incredibly excited for you guys! I have a great feeling about this IVF cycle. Here's hoping to some sticky twins!! Much love and prayers are coming your way!

Melissa said...

That is fantastic news! I am so happy everything is going well for you and your family!

Alexandra Greer said...

I'm just a silent blog reader of yours, but wanted to say congratulations! I've been checking for updates all day and was thrilled to see one when I got back from lunch. Best of luck!

Meghan said...

That is great great news! Maybe ya'll will be the new Duggar family! Ha.

Alyssa said...

yay!!

Dave and Elaine said...

Erin!!! This couldn't be better!!!! Can't wait to see your two pink lines either :) :)

Praying for you.

Nichole said...

Cannot wait for you to tell next week! And then, cannot wait to see TWINS on the ultrasound!! :oP Best wishes!

Erin Crista said...

Wow, that's awesome!! Can't wait to hear about 2 pinks lines next week! :-)

Patterson Family said...

This is amazing!!! Hoping for a BFP next week!

And, how exciting to know that you have at least 7 frozen babies!

Jill said...

This is so great! What a blessing!

I cannot believe the insurance coverage you have too... that's crazy!

Once Upon A Time said...

WOW- that is amazing! A sign of great things to come as well! Congrats on being PUPO!!!

Shelby said...

That is incredible news Erin and so encouraging! Congrats on your many babies and being PUPO!

Mindy said...

Woo hoo! Congrats, that is awesome news! Can't wait to hear your POSITIVE beta post coming soon!

Renee said...

HURRAY! So excited for you. Can't wait for the official announcement!

Kelly said...

SWEET!!! That is just amazing!!! You make fantastic babies :) I can't wait to see your two pink lines next week either!

Lisa said...

That's the best news!! Congrats!!

Melissa said...

Maybe it's my hormones.. but I was just about bawling while reading this. I'm sooooo thrilled for you and your family. Can't wait to read more good news next week :)

The Pifer's said...

I AM SOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!! You had me crying all my mascara off this morning when you told me! I am so pumped for you!!!!! <3 ya sweet friend

lklomicka said...

I never comment, but CONGRATULATIONS on being pregnant and for having so many successful snow babies :)

t.b.f.love. said...

This made me smile from ear to ear :) Congratulations!!!

Cori said...

You must have little rockstars in there!!! That is so very exciting! Can't wait to see your BFP post!!!!!!

Amber said...

awesome news!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

*FIST PUMP*

Samantha said...

That's awesome news congrats!!!!!

Stace said...

What else to say besides AMAZING!??!!?? You are SO pregnant!

Shawna said...

Thats awesome. Congrats!!

Tracy said...

That is AMAZING! SO happy for you guys!!! You're such a cute mama!

Conor said...

Congrats Erin. Fingers crossed that there is some super strong sticky glue happening!

Erin said...

Put your feet up and be waited on, you're PUPO!!!! I am so freakin' excited for you. Awesome news!

Mrs.Joe said...

YES!!! This is the fabulous news I waited to hear from you!

Mary Louis Quinn said...

Congrats!! That is WONDERFUL news!!

Laura said...

So awesome! God is good!!

Bill & Angie Ryan said...

Hi Erin! God is Good! I'm so thrilled at your wonderful news. Bring on the babies!

Hugs and Smiles,

Angie Ryan

J said...

Amazing!!!!

We have Angel Wings said...

What amazing news! I'm so happy that this cycle was perfect!! I can't wait to see your 2 lines next week.

Thinking of you.


T