Sunday, April 24, 2011

IVF & Weekend

I want to remember all of the details of this IVF process, so I'm going to rewind a few days and try to put it all here..

So, Thursday was nice to have no injections all day! I took my doxy pill twice and worked. When I got home, we did our nighttime routine and packed our stuff up. We decided it would be easier to sleep by my parents that night. We were 30 minutes closer to downtown and that way Trevor wouldn't have to be woken up at 4am. We got there, Trevor played and we put him to bed. We watched the Bulls win! and watched about half of the Hawks game. I didn't climb into bed until like 11. I knew I wasn't going to be sleeping, so what was the rush? I tossed and turned for the few hours and we got up at 4:30 and were out the door at 5am.

We arrived right on time and got checked in. They took me back, I got in my gown and only sat a few minutes. We kept the conversation light and were actually enjoying ourselves. The anesthesiologist came in and asked a few questions and started my IV. I felt nauseous from the nerves but never threw up. Dr. M. came over and took Tom to the room to give his sample. He came back from me and we were wheeling back to the room.

I climbed onto the other bed and layed back. He put the oxygen on me and said I should be out pretty quickly. I took like 2 deep breaths, as she put one of my legs up and was out.

I woke up to Tom saying I did great and they got 13 eggs. It took a while for that to process. I was in some pain so she gave me a heating pad and some Tylonel. I ate a few crackers and had some ginger ale.


Yay for 13 eggs!


They monitored me for like 20 minutes. I didn't even feel like myself when they released me, but I guess it was time to go. We were back at my Moms house by 9am. Trevor was napping so we talked with her a while and then got him up and left. I managed to stay up in the car, unlike last time. We got home and lounged for a few minutes. I was in a lot of pain the whole day. I did not experience this for my last IVF cycle. My right side hurt more. I was taking Tylonel every 4 hours on the dot. It would wear off after about 2 hours and I was counting the minutes until I could take it again. We decided to go grab Chick Fil A (which I totally thought was spelled Chik and you Southerners probably were probably cringing as I misspelled it..haha). We just went through the drive thru and ate it at home.


Holy cow, its better than I expected. Everything was delicious..the chicken, fries, milkshake. I will be driving there often. Tom took care of me and Trevor all day. He was SuperHubby! Trevor took a nap and Tom and I both napped on the couch..all of us slept 3 hours! It was wonderful and hard to wake up! We relaxed the rest of the day and ended up taking a quick trip to Old Navy to use a coupon. I started the endometrin that night.


Saturday, I woke up feeling tons better. I started my PIO, which I will do one shot in the AM, along with endometrin. We went to Bites with the Bunny at the park district. It was just a little continental breakfast with the bunny in the room for pics. Trevor liked him at the mall, but wouldn't sit on him this time. He did like the food options, though.



They also had a hunt for the kids. It was kind of a bust..muddy field, too crowded, Trevor got like 5 eggs, with hard candy inside he could choke on..oh well. We tossed the eggs a few times afterward so he could enjoy collecting them again and again.







We went home and gave Trevor his basket, since Tom is working today. The bunny spoiled him! He got..chalk, sandals, 2 books, a movie, sand toys, a choc bunny, a boy doll, and a cash register. He was nuts over the cash register and he loves putting the baby's ninny in his mouth.





I started to feel ansty about getting the fertilization report at about 12. I figured they'd call by like 3? Trevor napped and then we went for a walk with his wagon. I kept checking my patient portal and kept my phone in my pocket all day. I waited and waited and waited. FINALLY, at 10:15 pm, they posted it on the portal. Are you ready for this?


ALL 13 EGGS WERE MATURE AND ALL 13 FERTILIZED! WE HAVE 13 GROWING EMBRYOS! A 100% FERTILIZATION RATE!


I was shocked and soo happy. I woke Tom up to tell him. I feel so great about this cycle ending in a baby. These embryos are strong already. I am hoping and praying we end up with some to freeze, too. I cant wait until Wednesday, so I can get my babies back in me!!


I think that covers it! Trevor and I are having a lazy Easter. Were waiting to hear if Daddy is picking up a second shift today. We will head by my parents tonight to do Easter with the fam.


HAPPY EASTER, FRIENDS!










19 comments:

Patterson Family said...

Sounds like a wonderful Easter!!

That's an awesome fert report! Hope the transfer goes great on Wednesday!

The Pifer's said...

Soooo Sooooo Sooooooooo HAPPPPPPPYYY for you friend!!! What an AMAZING EASTER WEEKEND!!! God is wonderful; he will bless you sweetie!!!!

Praying for you always!

Lots of love- your sister from TX ;)

Nichole said...

Best wishes! Things sound great!

Stace said...

That is an AMAZING report!!!

Good things are happening... can't wait to hear what Wednesday brings!!! :)

Laura said...

That's AWESOME news! Happy Easter!

Angelwingsbaby said...

Thats great! So happy for you.Happy Easter! Wednesday will be here before you know it!!

Jessica said...

Happy Easter! So wonderful to hear such good news - can't wait to hear how beautifully this cycle ends.

Kelly said...

Excellent news! Glad you are having great weekend....

grace said...

This post is so happy. From yay Bulls!!! to yay 13 embies! I'm so glad this is going so well. That is a wonderful number. I bet you were super sore from that retrieval, lots of egg action going on there.

Happy Easter!

Erin said...

What an amazing Easter! I am so incredibly happy for you and Tom. Can't wait to hear about the Transfer Wednesday!!

Christa said...

Wow that's fantastic! It sounds like this clinic did a great job with your cycle and you responded so wonderfully! I can't wait to hear what happens next!

Ashley said...

What a fantastic report!! So happy for you! And looks like it was a great Easter weekend too! :)

Lindsay said...

Very happy for you and your family! Thinking of you while you wait on another report on Wednesday!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

Congratulations on the 100% fertilization rate! How amazing!!

Trevor in his little basket is just adorable!

Still praying for you guys!

Staci said...

SO EXCITED for you! This is awesome news :)

Once Upon A Time said...

Wow! That is a sure sign of some strong embies!!! I have a GREAT FEELING about this cycle!!!

Also, Trevor is beyond cute in the basket!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

Wonderful news!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!

And Chick-Fil-A is seriously the best! They're a Christian organization and use only the BEST chicken. I've never had a bit of fat on anything I've ever ordered.

Coakley's Journey said...

wow, 100% that is awesome. The transfer will be here before you know it :)

jenn said...

100% WOOO HOOOO!
and i must say those basket pics are priceless! love them!