Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hurry Up...and Wait

Well, tomorrow is March 27th, the day I was supposed to start IVF stims. Of course, that is not happening. Lets rewind a bit..

This whole week, I was so anxious to get my period. I did everything possible to relax..went for a run, drank wine, read my book, etc. I even went to acupuncture on Tuesday night. When I did that before Trevor's IVF cycle, my late period came 2 hours later. I told myself to give it 24 hours..it came and went. He wanted me to return on Thursday night, but I was so frustrated I didn't even want to lay there for 45 minutes.

They told me Friday was my last chance. I called and spoke with the nurse in the afternoon, who said I could continue to wait or come in on Saturday to find out whats going on. Of course, I wanted to know! Today is CD 34.

I went for blood and ultrasound. She told me I had a thick lining-12.4, but my ovaries were quiet as if I was doing a baseline day 3 ultrasound. I was told to wait on my blood results and we would go from there. They finally called me at 3pm.

She said my blood results showed I ovulated. So, I wait to get a period and if it does not come within a week, to come in for a pregnancy test. I have heard you are more fertile after a miscarriage..but I'm trying to be real here. Although, about 10 days ago, I had the most CM I have ever had in my entire life. I was totally grossed out, in fact. And we have had a lot of sex this month..so Ill give myself a chance of one in a bazillion.

I'm frustrated because I got everything we needed to done to start tomorrow and I'm really bummed I have to wait 2 more weeks. Plus, now I am second guessing starting on April 10th. I'm already stressed about taking the time off work last minute and considering waiting until the summer when its a bit more flexible. But, I feel like as each day passes, its one day less to have with my baby.

Deep down, I really want to hold off on IVF and go to Disney for Mothers Day. Tom got a few unexpected days off and I feel like a little getaway is just what the doctor ordered. Screw Follistim, I need Mickey.

13 comments:

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

Waiting is the worst, and I am so sorry you've had to do so much of it lately. You guys are in my prayers!

Bobbi said...

You should take it as a sign that you need a little breather. I mean, your body has gone through so much the past few weeks. Maybe it'd be good to take a break, see Mickey, and then start all fresh this summer? But hey...maybe you are pregnant!!! Why don't you test? :)

Bobbi said...

Oops, I meant to say *months, not weeks. Your body has been through so much the past few months, but especially the last few weeks.

Steph{anie} said...

Fingers cross you're pregnant :)

beth ewing said...

i say go to Disney and enjoy. do the IVF this summer when you can be more relaxed. i truly think that will help. but then again i'm hoping you're pregnant already. it could happen!

Patterson Family said...

I agree with your previous commentors. Your body might need this break - as much as it sucks. You want to be fully prepared for the fresh cycle (body and mind). I'll be praying for you!!

Crossing My Fingers said...

It is the happiest place on Earth. It seems like we're (and by we, I mean women both fertile and not) always wishing flow to get here or wishing her away and she always does the opposite.

Jessica said...

I know it's frustrating to not get in on the March 27 cycle as hoped, but it's wonderful that your body ovulated on it's own! You never know - maybe you'll have an amazing surprise this week!

Nichole said...

Best wishes with every decision that you have to make! I will say that I ovulated on my own, for the first time in....well that I know of, and my little girl is now 6 months old. Maybe your baby is just working on its own and you will have a little miracle or maybe your body is letting you know that it is time for a break. Either way, best wishes! Disney is great....I live about 1 1/2 hours from Disney! :o)

Sue said...

Ummm, do you think you should take a pregnancy test? Don't you WANT to?!? I am not the only one thinking/hoping you're pregnant.

Mrs.Joe said...

Mickey is a fabulous pick me up - and you deserve one after the past few months!! Fingers crossed you're pregnant AND you get to go to Disney I've been back for a month now and need to live vicariously through someone else's trip!!

Once Upon A Time said...

I would be frustrated too. Waiting beyond your control stinks, but when you choose to wait, sometimes it is exactly the right thing you need.

Kim said...

Woo hoo for Disneyland! But I get the dilemma, it sucks having to schedule and reschedule everything around a stupid period. Still sending you guys prayers and best wishes!