Monday, February 14, 2011

Valentines Day

Two years ago, today, Tom and I made babies. For the first time in our lives, we literally became one. It was the retrieval day of my 1st and only IVF cycle. They retrieved 12 eggs...a perfect dozen on a sweet holiday. I remember it like it was yesterday. The nerves, the tears, the uncertainty of what was coming next. If I knew that what I know now..
That we would have a beautiful, healthy 15 month old son. Who is a dancing fool..
... Along with 1 or 2 babies inside me right now. Amazing.

I am so thankful IVF was an option for us.

Happy Conception Day to Trevor, Ooh & Aah!

Happy Valentines Day to all of you!

PS-Ill add my beta number from today as soon as I get it. Very anxious right now!

15 comments:

Christa said...

Isn't it strange how things work out? I can't wait to hear your beta result!

Lisa said...

How sweet! Happy Vday to you!

Kahla said...

You're BETA will be great, I just know it. I told you, twins just pops in my head so I won't be a bit surprised!

Happy VDay!

Tiffany said...

Happy Valentine's Day, I cannot wait to hear that wonderful beta. So stinkin' happy for you and thanks for the FB add.

We have Angel Wings said...

Happy Valentines Day, sweetie!!!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

Happy Valentine's Day to you guys! Fingers crossed for a great beta!

Amber said...

This is so exciting Erin! :)

Tabitha said...

WHAT?!? I need to check my blogs more often...I'm SO EXCITED for you!! You give hope to all of us with precious frozen babies waiting to join our families!!!

Stace said...

I am ANXIOUSLY WAITING!!! :)

Tiffany said...

Where's that beta?

Angela said...

beta beta beta!

Jessica said...

Just checking in for an update!

Meant to be a mom said...

Can you even believe how special days become when such amazing things happen on them. Congrats on your beautiful family. IVF is truly such an amazing gift.

I got your message on my blog about the Cooper books. We actually just saw those books Saturday. We almost bought them but we got the recordable book instead. We got home, recorded it locked it and then figured out that ours was defective. GRRRRRR. I told my husband its a sign we should just take it back and get the Cooper books, that was what we should have gotten in the first place.

Thanks for telling me about them.
I'm still praying for you. I know God has such good things in store for you guys.

Jill said...

So weird how it comes full circle but what fun!

I left some awards for you on my blog today... :)

Tracy said...

That is seriously an amazing story!
nandtandbandb.blogspot