Thursday, February 3, 2011

Transfer Complete

I woke up today with knots in my stomach. I was happy our appointment was later in the day so we would have a better commute after the storm. But, I was wishing it was earlier so I had less time to be anxious. I just wanted to hear they both thawed..that's all I wanted.

We dropped Trevor by my sisters and made great time getting to the surgery center. We were really impressed with the roads. That's one great thing about Chicago. We can handle the extreme weather. We checked in and were taken back quickly. I got in my gown and the nerves really kicked in. The tech asked if I was nervous because my heart rate was really high. Plus, my bladder was getting full and that's not the most comfortable thing.
We waited about 20 minutes and finally Dr. M came in. Both embryos made it through the thaw and looked great! I was smiling from ear to ear. He took me back immediately and moved me to the other bed.
The transfer itself was the same as last time. Short and sweet; not too painful. There is something very special about knowing the exact moment you have babies inside you..After, he offered to empty my bladder but I said I'd be okay. I regretted it a few minutes later when I had to lay down for 30 minutes. Oh well, Tom and I talked and the time passed quickly.
So, two embryos are in my uterus right now! I'm pretty convinced they will stick around for a while. Tom has been yelling HOLD ON to them. :) And we've been having Trevor give good vibes to my belly. Here's my handsome Hubby in his scrubs.


We drove back to the suburbs and had a nice lunch at Patio. Then, we browsed Target for a few items and went back to pick up Trev. Were really enjoyed having this be our secret. I hope we can surprise everyone in a few weeks with great news.
Thanks for all of the prayers, crossed fingers and sticky thoughts sent my way. My blood test is next Friday, the 11th. I plan to test on Wednesday, 6dp5dt. I'm really hoping for some symptoms before then, to calm my nerves.
And just because he is the cutest guy.


Making the decision to have a child - it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
~ Elizabeth Stone

23 comments:

Evan Nicole said...

snuggle in loves. :)

Sarah said...

praying hard for you girl!! Hold on!! :)

Meghan said...

I never comment but I just wanted to say that I have been thinking about ya'll and praying.

Angelwingsbaby said...

Glad everything went smoothly.You will be in my thoughts and prayers. ((hugs)) -Megan

Lori B. said...

I really really hope this is it for you girl!! I'll be saying some prayers for you and your family.

Stace said...

YES!!!

Time to get comfy. :)

Alex(andra) said...

Praying so much for you guys!!

Joanna said...

Hi Erin! I pray that it takes and you get the little peanut you've been wishing for :)

Bobbi said...

I'm glad both the embryos thawed and they are now getting comfortable. :) Hoping the week goes by quickly for you!!!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

My computer has been down so I haven't been caught up with your news... OMG!!! I'm praying for twins, triplets or quads, LOL! Whatever God wants to bless you with. This is just so awesome!!!

Its A Corny Life... said...

Prayers are coming your way from Southern CA!

Crossing My Fingers said...

Grow babies grow!

Alyssa said...

Congratulations :) I hope they snuggle in tight!!!!

Kelly said...

Keeping high hopes and prayers with you! I wish only the best for you!

nicarv said...

What great news! Praying for a fast relaxing week for you - and some early symptoms too!

Mrs.Joe said...

Praying for you!! Stick babies!!!

Christa said...

Oh congrats! I'm so happy it went well and both embryos survived the thaw!

The McGuire's said...

Thinking of you!!!! STICKY THOUGHTS!!!

Melinda said...

wishin' & a prayin'!!

Amy said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I am so happy you found it! Do you live near me? I am always looking to meet people nearby with little ones that are close in age to my guy!

I hope you are pregnant soon, I will be thinking about you!

grace said...

i'm so glad it went so well. also glad you are in chitown, any other place around there and it would have been impossible to get in through the snow.

We have Angel Wings said...

I'm so glad that everything went perfectly!

Snuggle in little ones!

Get some rest, Momma! :)

Shelby said...

Good luck Erin! I really hope this works well for you! Maybe you'll have 2 sticky beans and join the twins club :)