Monday, February 28, 2011

Sigh of Relief

Beta came back at 145 today. 145!! This is great news!

I got what I wanted. A miscarriage.

I return next Monday for a final beta. It better be zero!

More good news? Dr. M. has an IVF group beginning March 27th. If I can get in on that, I would have the retrieval and transfer while I am off work for a week in April. This would be ideal.

We have a lot of hoops to jump through in order for that to work.

1-semen analysis(changed to this coming Friday)
2-beta becomes zero
3-approval from insurance
4-sign consents/pay $1200.00
5-injection class
6-period on time
7-day 3 testing
8-possible hsg due to miscarriage

I think that is everything. I'm going to call tomorrow and let them know I want to cycle next month. I have 3 issues I want to talk about, too.

1-How many embryos to transfer? Doc said he would only do 2. Yet, he was willing to do 3 with our FET. We really, really want to do 3.
2-On the consent forms, there are only 2 choices for what to do with extra embryos if we would both pass away. You can destroy them or donate to another couple. With our old clinic, we chose to leave them to my sister. I would like to do that again.
3-I don't think they do PIO standard for IVF. I will need to request it, as I did for the FETs.

Yah, I have done a lot of thinking today. For the first time in weeks, I feel hopeful. I missed that.

10 comments:

kim said...

I remember that sigh of relief, as awful as it is. I hope your beta drops to 0 in no time so you can get back on the horse!

Leslie Lambert said...

Praying, hoping, wishing for you! Betas should be fine next week...mine took almost 3 weeks after diagnosis/D&C to go down, but they were at like 6,000 at their peak...so much higher than your's ever got.

Strange, strange place to be "wishing" for a miscarriage, but I know what you mean...I was there too. You know what's going on with your body, and you just wish everybody else would get the picture too. Sometimes it takes betas going down for everybody else to understand where you've been for a few weeks. I know girl!

ks said...

I'm glad that this is finally resolving itself for you. And I hope/pray that you are able to get into the the next month's cycle. No worries little T will keep you busy until it is go time! :) All my best to you!

Staci said...

I was really praying that things would have gone differently for you but since it didn't I am so glad that things seem to be moving in the right direction for you now. Will pray that everything falls into place.

Beth said...

Yah for a low number...I'm sure you never thought you would hope for dropping betas and a 0 and I hope you never have to again!! Hope you get your questions answered and the timing works out!

Christa said...

Ugh I hope you get through this so that you can start on your next cycle, though this outcome is obviously not what anyone wants for you. I'm so sorry you have to experience the pain and sorrow of a miscarriage as I would never wish that on anyone who wants a baby. I'm thinking of you. (((hugs)))

Tessa said...

I don't know you, but I check your blog everyday. I cried everytime I heard your news. My husband thought I was crazy, crying in front of my computer. :) I may not know the pain of IVF and infertility in the way you do, but I do know the pain of miscarriage and I am so sorry for what you are going through. A positive test, no matter our anxieties, is more then a positive test. It's a positive heart and a positive hope for what can come. I KNOW in my heart that the positives will continue for you and that you are not defeated in this. You will have more children and your son will be a big brother and I know, based on everything that I've read and the vulnerability of your posts, that you will be an exceptional mama to every child you are blessed with - connected to each of them by a tight, unbreakable cord of love, joy and awe and that will carry them through their lives, knowing how you longed for them even before they existed.
Always praying for you.

We have Angel Wings said...

Holding onto hope for you, babe. ((hugs))

Crossing My Fingers said...

Do you have to go through the injection class again because it's a new clinic? I don't think we completed any paperwork about what to do if we both passed away. Here's hoping for zero on Monday!

Jen said...

It seems so strange to say I am happy for you, Erin... My heart is still heavy for your loss but I am glad that you did not need surgery or the injection. I so hope you can get in with the next group. Thinking of you!