Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ooh & Aah

Tom called me on his break last night. It was about 9:30pm, late when you get off at 11pm. He has been having very few breaks lately. There have been lots of fights involving weapons..scary, a post for another day. Anyway, he called me and we chatted for a few minutes. I updated him on Trevor, heard about the fight, etc. I go on to tell him about how I am not pregnant. He got mad at me and told me stop thinking that. He told me he was so sick of dealing with all of this. Rather than argue, I hung up and went to bed.

I knew he felt bad because when he came to bed, he cuddled me and said Hello. I wanted to be sleeping, so I decided against having a conversation then.

This morning, I left Trevor with Tom again and went to get in my car. On my front seat was a note from Tom. Here is what it says:

Hi Mama-

Its Ooh and Aah, the two monkeys jumping in your belly. Daddy told us that you were getting stressed about us. We want to let you know that we are strong and will be just fine. We made it to to be frozen, we lasted 2 years and we made it through the thaw.

There are two monkeys all snuggled up now and ready to grow. We can not wait to see you, Daddy and Trevor in nine months. We just wanted to let you know because your stomach has been in knots and it makes things a little cramped for us.

Love, Ooh and Aah

He left that with a chocolate bar for the babies. It may or may not have been eaten at 10am.

How cute is he? I have to remember that he is worried about our future children too. These embryos are half him. Add that with working a stressful and dangerous job..he had a right to be upset with me for being so negative. He made up for it and then some.

I am thankful the testing days are his days off. Tomorrow is 6 days post, the day I was two lines with Trevor. However, I had a pm transfer this time and the test with Trev was that night. So, this time around, that positive would really happen on Thursday. Ill test both days and see what I get. Blood test is set for 8am on Friday morning.

Please let me be wrong about this. I have never wanted to be more wrong!

29 comments:

Kendall said...

I'm a pretty new follower and I dont thing I've commented before. Your hubby's note was so sweet, I started crying right here at my desk.

I've been saying lots of prayers for you and your lil ones and will continue to do so! God is faithful and will provide for you no matter the outcome!

Pete, Alison and Charlie said...

I'm hoping hard for two blue lines for you this time round... and for two more cheeky monkeys to keep Trevor company! Take care x

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

Erin, that is one awesome man you've married! How incredibly sweet. I am praying super hard for you guys and those two pink lines. I hope to hear more from Ooh and Aah in the near future! :)

doneidalynn said...

I am new to your blog, as I have just started facing the reality that we may have fertility issues as well. (secretly of course) So, I have tried to follow some successful blogs to put myself in a mental state to begin taking the correct steps at this point...which I am still terrified to even talk about!

And I must say, I was very happy to find your blog. As, I live in Illinois too, so I feel there is a similarity! :)

Another similarity with us, is the wonderful husbands that we have keeping us strong! Clearly, yours is amazing. And I think he just may be right this time (dont tell him that often though!!) I think Ooh and Aah are doing just fine!

Jen said...

:) Hang tight "Ooh and Aah!" Love, love, love this!!

Kelly said...

That is such a sweet note!
I am hoping for the best!

southern-newlywed said...

Praying for you and the whole situation. :) God bless you and your growing family...

Marianne said...

I know someone who was convinced her transfer failed and boy was she wrong. Not only was she pregnant, she was super pregnant-- with quads!! Don't lose your faith :)

The Rileys said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the note!!! Too cute! Sending lots of prayers your way! Our transfer is set for Feb 19! So excited! Looking forward to your two pink lines!!!

April said...

He is so SWEET!

Angela said...

Great hubby, you have there. That note was the best!

Bren said...

Good luck this week! I am KMFX for you.
I wanted to tell you that with my first pregnancy (that unfortunately ended in a miscarriage) I had insane symptoms. Super hungry, cravings, sore breast, tired but with this one none! This baby is strong and growing like weed and I still have had very little symptoms so just keep reminding yourself that every pregnancy is different and hopefully you get that BFP!!!!

Molly @ Me and Madeline said...

That is seriously the SWEETEST thing. You've got a good one, Erin! Fingers, toes and eyes crossed for you!

Crossing My Fingers said...

Aww! What a great husband! Now stop stressin' so Ooh and Aah have room to grow!

Crystal said...

I have followed your blog since before you got pregnant with Trevor. Although I do not share in your pain, I love reading your updates and seeing what is going on with y'all and your struggle. Not that you need to hear it, but you are super blessed to have your husband and peanut by your side. ;) I will continue to pray for you!

Cori said...

Adorable!! I am so excited to hear your results and I have a really good feeling about your little "Ooh and Aah"!!! Praying for you!!!!!

Jessica said...

Many prayers for you for tomorrow! What a sweet husband and an awesome Daddy. Can't wait to hear good news :).

Once Upon A Time said...

Your husband is adorable and definitely a keeper. :)

Still hoping out hope for you for Thursday!

Sarah said...

Praying that this is your next ooh and aah!!!! Keep us posted!

Mama B said...

I am praying for you!!! Tom is too sweet with that note!!!

Tiffany said...

I'm pretty sure that is the sweetest gesture everrrrrr! Hubby seems like a wonderful man!
Good Luck!

Erin said...

Praying for "ooh & aah"! I had my doubts too and I ended up being proven wrong. I hope you are so so wrong this time.

Stace said...

Love the note. :) Still sending sticky, grow-y vibes to Ooh and Aah.

The Harrison's said...

So sweet. Praying for two pink lines for you.

Carol said...

I'm anxious about Ooh and Aah. I hope that no news so far is good news. Praying for you.

twondra said...

Love the letter.....so cute! You've got such a smart, wonderful husband!

Jill said...

What a stressful time and I'm glad he's a level head to keep you somewhat level too. What a sweet note!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

Of course I've already seen your PREGNANT post so I know you're pregnant. What a SWEET note (and chocolate to boot) that your hubby left for you!!! I cannot wait to see your first sonogram!!!

jenn said...

how sweet was that!?! and just what you needed!