Saturday, February 12, 2011

Eight Days

When I looked up friend in the dictionary, this came up as #4: a female friend or protector regarded as a sister.

I have mentioned Evan on my blog many times in the past 2 years. Ill give a little back story to bring our story full circle.

Evan and I met on a TTC board over 2 years ago. We both had blogs and went on to connect through them. We had a lot in common..young, infertile and starting IVF cycles. We emailed regularly about the most personal topics. Fears, hopes, bodily functions. :) We went through the whole IVF cycle together in January/February 2009. We made a promise..a goal of some sort. We wanted to complete three steps. Get Evan pregnant, get Erin pregnant and introduce our babies at Disney world! She was about a week ahead of me and I loved knowing what was coming next. She transferred 2 embryos on February 10th. She got a positive test right before my transfer. I had my transfer February 19th. We had our 1st ultrasound on the same day. I remember her texting me saying, There are 3! I was thankful to see my one baby after the beta scares we had. We say she stole one of my babies. :)

I would say the rest is history, but there is so much more.

Her due date was October 30th, mine November 7th. 8 days apart.

We kept in touch throughout our pregnancies. I really wanted to go down to GA to surprise her, but a triplet pregnancy is unpredictable and she was in and out of the hospital. We grew closer as we awaited the arrival of our miracles. She gave birth to Andrew, Bradley and Charlotte on August 10th, 2009. I had Trevor 3 months and 1 day later.

Our bond grew stronger as we walked the path of motherhood together, yet so far apart. There's something about knowing how badly these kids were wanted; we dont take anything for granted. When we started to discuss a meeting at Disney world in September, I was thrilled. Ill never forget the excitement as I got ready that morning. I was meeting the woman that carried me through my IVF cycle. And we were meeting the triplets I love as if they are my own. The day couldn't have gone better. As soon as we hugged, I was relaxed. The kids hit it off, we finally got to talk in person and her husband didn't make too many jokes about my accent. ;) (Even though I do not have one!)

Evan and I discussed doing FET cycles, as we both had embryos left over from our 2009 IVF's. I was ready before her and started in November. When she heard Tom could not be with me for the day of the transfer, she booked a flight and got her Southern butt up here stat. Our 48 hours together were wonderful. We found out how much more we had in common, including our parenting views and love for reality TV. She supported me like crazy during the waiting period, even though it was Christmastime and she had enough on her plate. She felt awful when it didn't work. I know she would have given anything to make it better. That's the kind of person she is.

Evan was gearing up for her secret FET cycle in January. I decided to go ahead and do a final FET, which began around the same time. We wanted to keep ours a secret too, to avoid the hurt of sharing the news if it didn't work again. Evan was my glue this FET cycle. She kept my head held high even when I was still mourning our negative. She was the only person I could talk to, other than Tom, and let me tell you, she put up with a lot. Evan had her FET transfer done 8 days before mine. 8 days apart. I still cant believe it.

She got a positive test the day before my transfer. Her positive gave me hope. I was so negative the entire waiting period. Every single night, Evan would listen to me say how sad I was and how I didn't want to do a full IVF cycle. As you know, I got my positive last week and here we are. The same exact place we were in 2009.

How cool is that? I knew there was a reason we shared such a tight bond. I am so glad this is the reason.

20 comments:

southern-newlywed said...

A very sweet story! :)

Cori said...

That is so very cool! I am so glad you guys found one another and have now built such a strong friendship! You guys should totally write a book:)

Just Believing said...

how cool! what is evan's blog?

Mrs. Bee said...

This is one of those times that the "like" button comes in handy on facebook. There is nothing I want to say really just that I like/love this story. So wonderful and so happy for you. I told you October 22 was a lucky day ;) We have the same name and if you have your second baby/babies on my first wedding anniversary that might mean we are supposed to be good friends too haha

xoxo,
Erin

Angelwingsbaby said...

What a wonderful story i just love it and am so happy for the both of you!

Carla said...

I have been reading your blog for a while now and I am so very excited for you and your family!!! This is such GREAT news!!!! Can't wait to find out if it's twins!! :) God Bless!!

Three kids under two said...

You both are very lucky to have found each other...

Crystal said...

Not that you need to hear it, but you are incredibly lucky to have such a great friend in her! :)

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

This is Amazing!!! So happy that y'all have each other:)

This gives me hope that one day when we go back to do a FET in the future... That it really could work:D

Jen said...

Seriously? That is an incredibly, moving story! Thank you so much for sharing, Erin! So happy for both of you:)

Amber said...

Erin, this is amazing! I met a good friend of mine on a TTC board. She and I even run a review/giveaways site together. We haven't met in person yet but we e-mail back and forth regularly. Great story!

Bren said...

What an amazing story of friendship! Even your names are similar lol. I am so glad this worked out for both of you and you guys can go through this pregnancy together again.

Jody said...

That is amazing. I am so glad to hear that you had someone to share your experience with. Someone would understood everything you were going through, emotionally & physically. What an amazing friendship!

twondra said...

Awww, that is so cool! Thanks for sharing!!

Allison said...

What a sweet story! I have been a follower since before Trevor! I am so excited for your family. I gave you a blog award, the info is on my blog!

Stacey said...

Erin, I'm so excited for you, Tom, and Trevor. Congrats on the positive! You two are such wonderful parents to Trevor and we all can't wait to see that new little one (or two) grow! Congrats again!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

Girl you're making me cry!!! How wonderful!!!!!!

Vicki said...

how sweet for the two of you!!!! wouldn't it be funny if you had triplets and she had a singleton this time around!

Congrats again!

jenn said...

what an awesome story!

We have Angel Wings said...

What an awesome story!!! Those kinds of friends are the best friends to have, it sounds like Evan is a keeper.