Monday, February 14, 2011

Beta Worries

I am just getting home after an extrememly long day.

I have a million numbers running through my head. And Im so exhausted.

Today, my beta was 266. Okay, but not ideal for this Mama.

Its a doubling time of every 68 hours. According to my research, they want it to double every 31-72 hours. Were still within the normal range, but its at the very end of it. I was really hoping for something higher, so I would be able to relax.

Its also still on the high end for being 11 days post. That makes me feel a little bit better.

Im wondering if its just how my body produces the hormone. With Trevor, I was 86 at 8 days post, 137 at 11 days post and went up to 231 at 13 days post. That means right now, at 11 days post, Im already higher than all of those numbers.

I return on Wednesday and will be uneasy until they read me a wonderful number.

I believe my first ultrasound would be next Monday. Theres a little X under OB in my patient portal. That day is perfect because Tom is off in the morning and I am off for Presidents Day. I hope we can see a sac and fetal pole in one week!

On a completely opposite note, my best friend of almost 10 years got engaged tonight! I cant wait to be a matron of honor again in 2012!

15 comments:

Kahla said...

We had a similar situation in Emery's case, it rose, but wasn't rising as fast as it had. Next BETA it has almost tripled. Sending tons of prayers!

Joy@WhenDoesDaddyComeHome said...

hCG can start off rising slowly. It actually should rise 60% in 48-72 hours so doubling is actually REALLY good. You're well within the range of normal! I bet the next labs will show a significant increase because as you get further along they may begin to double faster or even triple. Can't wait to hear beta #3!!!

Jessica said...

I know it's not exactly what you wanted, but remember that you had the exact same issue with Trevor. I hope the results end up as beautiful as his did :). One more day until the next beta- hang in there!

Mrs.Joe said...

Hang in there! You're in really good shape! yay!!

Stace said...

With the twins this time around my beta sucked on the second check (it was 730 at 12dp3dt and then 6 days later it was only at 3445). It had a doubling time of something like 2.68 days. (I don't know what that is in hours...) A week later things seemed to skyrocket and it had a ridiculously FAST doubling time... so I'm hoping the same thing happens for you!

Lisa said...

Thats a great beta number!!Keep your head up and hang in there!!

grace said...

I think FET betas rise much slower than fresh cycles. My experience and what I've researched, anyway. I never pay attention to doubling, anyway, as long as it's rising significantly. Congratulations!

Debbie said...

De-lurking. I had a similar situation with my second. I work in a hospital, so as soon as I POS, I had a Dr write me an rx for a beta. I thought it was fine, but when I saw my OB a few weeks later, she said that it should have been higher. I stressed for almost two days, and my number finally came back in the 10s of thousands. You are still rising, and there is a HUGE range of normal. Stay calm and congratulations!

Jill said...

Thinking about you...

The Harrison's said...

Praying for good high numbers at tomorrows beta.

Jen said...

Remember your body is doing amazing things every second right now! Your beta could be way higher even 12 hours from your draw! That said I know how hard it is not to worry and analyze everything when things fall even slightly out of where you expect them to be! Sending thoughts of peace for you today!

Tiffany said...

Erin, I was laying in bed reading your blog on my phone and saw your post. I realized I better get my butt out of bed and grab my laptop and go back to my blog to get my info, if you will recall I had a beta scare with the boys. On the SAME DPO as you I was130 then the next was 224. I FREAKED out, but the RE didn't. She didn't even ask for a repeat. She said as long as it was over 60% increase everything was fine. Well... look how that turned out.. TWINS! Numbers can be a little funky with twins, and even with this pregnancy my beta didn't quite double on my third round of bloodwork. Take a deep breath and enjoy this Mama. That was a huge jump, things are going to be just fine. Hugs! *As a side note I have also heard that IVF and frozen cycle beta numbers tend to rise a bit slower.

Amber said...

I know it's nerve-racking, but just continue to lean on Tom and pray! My beta with Drake didn't double either. Hope you get a great number tomorrow!

Crossing My Fingers said...

Chin up girlie, sounds like you're right on par based off Trev! Have a great President's Day!

Ashley said...

Praying for you honey!!