Sunday, January 2, 2011

Updatin'

Soo much to update on. Lets see if I can cover it all!

1) My E2 level went down like we hoped and I started the birth control last Wednesday. Tomorrow is my first Lupron injection. This cycle is going FAST.



2) Tom finally got his shift. He will be working 3-11pm with Wednesday and Thursday off. It started today. Basically, we wont see each other Mondays and Tuesdays. Wed & Thurs, we will have a normal evening together. Friday, Saturday and Sunday, we will have the first half of the day, until about 1:30 pm, together as a family. I told Tom we should try and go out Thursday nights, maybe every other. We will need that adult time to reconnect. I'm sad Trevor loses bath time with Daddy. I am the biggest scaredy cat and not going to enjoy being alone 5 nights/week. Thank Goodness we have 2 dogs. I almost forgot! The best part about him having Thursdays off..he can go with to the transfer in a few weeks!! SO happy about that! If I respond similar to last time, were looking at January 27th.





3) There is so much going on with Trevor. He is getting his 7th tooth right now. He has had the same 6 since August, so its about time! He is running. He loves his car ramp and basketball hoop. He repeats everything. He has been giving kisses like crazy. Tom taught him how to blow bubbles in the bathtub. He is fearless! I really, really love this age! He starts swim class on Tuesday and music class next Friday.


4) My sister went for her NT scan last week and everything looked great! They are going to tell the kids this week, I think. She goes back to find out the sex on February 23, the day before Toms birthday! I cant wait to start shopping.



5) We had a nice weekend. Our last Friday and Saturday nights together. We brought in the New Year at the cottage. Lots of drinking and laughing went on. Although, I would rather have been sober. And pregnant. But I made it through without crying!! Yesterday was my Moms birthday and we went to a nice dinner, all 17 of us.


6) I really cant believe were cycling again. I am scared. No, terrified. I cant help but think that it didn't work last time, so WHY would it this time? If it does not, we are talking months until I can do an IVF cycle. Plus, I only have 2 retrievals left in my lifetime. I'm scared we wont complete our family with that. I'm scared to get another negative. I'm scared to smile and get my hopes up and think I could be pregnant soon. I don't want to add to the hurt I feel. Then, I would be doubly hurt and may not be able to function anymore..I plan on staying super busy these next few months. Thus the two classes Trev is enrolled in. :)
7) We leave for Atlanta in 12 days. I have a lot to do before then! My birthday is the day after we return. 24. Not happy about it. I am, however, very happy about the upcoming trip. I plan on taking hundreds of pictures and soaking in every second of the kids interaction. Apparently, Evan has some great plans for us. I cant wait to see what she cooks up.
8) I'm not big on resolutions. Of course, my main goal for 2011 is to get pregnant. I'm hoping to tackle that in late January/early February. Other than that, I want to enjoy as much time with my family, hot husband and adorable son, and phenomenal friends as possible. Simple, right?
9) I have gotten a lot of emails latley from readers. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! You have been so uplifting and supportive the past month! I will do a blog roll update this weekend. (Ya know, in my free time that Im missing my hubby) Please, let me know if youre a new follower, your story, why you read, when you started reading, if youre cycling, etc. Anything you want. Ill update accordingly.
10) Ending it here, because I dont like odd numbers.

16 comments:

Shelby said...

I'm a lurker. Been reading your blog since you were pregnant with Trevor. I'm sorry this cycle didn't work. I was pulling for you so much! Keep your chin up. I believe everything happens for a reason. Oh and I don't like odd numbers either! I've already mentioned to my husband that I'm irritated we have a whole year of it being an odd numbered year! :) I have 7 month old twins conceived through IUI. They were born on 6-8-10. Perfect for a girl who LOVES even numbers! Good luck with your next cycle!

Its A Corny Life... said...

I can't believe how quickly they have you started on the next FET. Know we are praying for you out here in California. Safe travels to Atlanta...will watch for updates.

Mrs. Bee said...

I've been reading your blog for a while now just can't give you an exact time frame. Can't stop reading it either. Praying that things go well for you guys. I don't know your whole back story with fertility issues etc. but I was recommended a book by a really good friend of mine who had trouble getting pregnant called "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler I don't know if you're interested in reading another book cuz I'm sure you've read lots but it has quite a bit of interesting information in it. Take care and Happy Holidays

Ashley said...

Trevor is so handsome. :) I can't believe how quickly things seem to be moving! I hope the time between now and the transfer goes by quickly for you!

I've been reading your blog since right before you had Trevor. And I just gave birth to my own IVF miracle so it's been fun to read along with another success story. :)

Ashlye said...

I happened to run across your blog thru a friend of a friends blog just recently. I have one daughter and my husband and I have been trying to conceive for 19 months now with no luck. Reading your blog and everything you have went thru has really helped me get thru these last couple of weeks. It's also educated me!! We recently started fertility and the drs really haven't explained to us what all of our options are and reading your blog has helped me understand alot more about our different options! I have been praying for you and your family!! Good luck with this cycle!!

Amber said...

Wow! You have been busy. I can totally relate to being scared with only have 2 retrievals left. We are in the same situation...which makes me nervous on when to really start trying. The good news is that you were able to freeze embryos so you can do FETs! Hopefully this cycle will be it, and you can put it behind you (for now).

Jodi said...

It has got to work you are only 24! Maybe you are meant to have twins and needed a fresh cycle to guarantee that. The police hours suck. My friends dh is a newbie too he works 6 pm to 6 am talk about not ever seeing your family. My dh used to work a lot and I got used to him being gone so it was another readjusment when he was able to be at home a lot again (weird huh?). You can and will adapt is my point.

Chris & Cori said...

I am a semi lurker in that I think I have left a few comments before but I have not been consistent to say the least. I have actually been following you since you were pregnant with Trevor and I just love reading your blog because you always seem to put a positive spin on some very tough situations. My story is in more detail on my blog but I had a miscarriage in July after having tried for about 2 years to get pregnant. It was rough but we are ready to dive back in. I am currently on BC pills for 21 days to get things going and I am hoping to tackle New Years Resoultion early on this year in hopes of gettng pregnant again in the next few months. Here's to a successful New Year for the both of us!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

I really hope that this cycle is the one! I'll keep praying for you guys!!

Lori B. said...

Hey I've been following your blog since just before your FET. I've commented a few times I think. I started following to gain a little more information on IVF after our 3rd IUI failed. Its great how open and honest you are about everything. It has really helped me to not be so nervous about the whole process. We have unexplained infertility and are pretty young (I'm 27, DH is 26) and we have been trying for over 2 years now. We are planning to start our first and hopefully only IVF at the end of March/first of April. Now just praying the whole financing thing works out! I wish you the absolute best of luck in your next cycle and pray you will soon get to make Trevor a big brother!!

Crossing My Fingers said...

How exciting with this cycle! I am praying for you.

D said...

I think your family is adorable -- especially Trevor! Good luck with this cycle. As far as turning 24, I would love to be back at 24. I am 31 and still looking for my future husband so no kids for me til then. Fingers crossed for you on January 27th!

Dawn in NC

Kristen & Eli Wolfe said...

I just started reading your blog right before your FET. My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant since Jan of 2008. We currently have started our first cycle of IVF.....growing eggs now. We have had 5 failed IUIs. If your interested in reading my blog please let me know....its private but I can add you! I will be keeping up on your progress....keeping my fingers crossed for you!!

Bren said...

Hi Erin, I would love to be added to your blog roll! I have been reading for months now and you inspired me to work even harder at getting pregnant and here I am almost 10 weeks pregnant! Your story really made me realize that despite fertility issues it is possible.
I also think the next FET is going to work. For some reason I feel like maybe having your husband there will help. I mean if you were doing it the natural way he would need to be there so many these babies are just waiting on him! Good luck and have a great time in Atlanta!

Shawna said...

Just wanted to drop in and say hi. Hadnt commented for awhile,but have been reading faithfully. good luck on this cycle. It seems like it happened fast. I start my lupron injections thursday. So i am in the midst of my cycle too. Praying for us both!!!

Kim said...

Prayers and good thoughts for you! Just remember God has a plan for each of us, I just wish He would tell me what mine is! I've been reading your blog since this summer. My husband and I have been TTC for 3 1/2 years this month. I have PCOS which went undiagnosed for over 2 years. No wonder none of my IUI's worked. Recently found a doctor that I LOVE, he is seriously a God send. Just got diagnosed with diabetes so we are going to work on getting that under control then we are on to in-vitro/ICSI. My prayers go out to all women struggling with infertility each and every day. For some reason God must think we are the strongest and bravest since he gave us this trial. Trevor looks so happy and healthy, you are a great mom. Keep up the good work and great things will come!
-Kim
nateandkimsmith.blogspot.com