Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Trev Talkin'

I need to take a time out and update on Trevor Michael! He is such a little sponge right now, soaking up the world around him. I love this age SO much!
The main subject I am impressed with is his language. His list of words he says grows just about every day. Here are words in his current vocabulary:
Mama
Dada
Doggies
Sit
Shoot-for basketball
Snack
Ball
Whoa
Cool
Uh-oh
Cheese(with the face, I might add)
Car
Off
Flush(any guesses who taught that one?)
Hi
Night-night
Eyes
There
Santa
A version of thank you
..I know there is more, but I'm drawing a blank.

Of course, he talks in his own language alllll day long. I absolutely adore it. He will repeat a word back to you if you ask. He pronounces Trevor VERY cute!


When Tom keeps Trevor home with him, I usually come home to them in matching outfits..
He signs for more and all done.

He can point to his ears, eyes and belly button. I'm trying to work on a new body part every 2 days.
He understands everything. I mean everything. If you ask him to put his clothes in the hamper, he will. If you ask him to go get a puzzle, done. He doesn't usually get frustrated because he is so good at communicating. Except if he wants your food. Then, he whines.

Mamas birthday cake, he loved Grandmas chocolate eclair recipe!
He figured out how to restart his show on the TV. We DVR a few shows during the day and he often watches one before bed. One day, the show ended and he got up to push a button on the cable box. Sure enough, it restarted. We thought it was a fluke, so we fast forwarded to the end(a blue screen) and he got up and did it again! Quite the observant child.

My good friend Meghan came by for a joint birthday dinner
He does pretty good with strangers right now. As long as I am near. He will let others hold him and is actually very friendly. Sometimes, he just needs his Mama.
I took him to his second music class last week and he did great. He really picked up on the whole routine. He went to the teacher to get his instruments and was willing to give them back when the time came. He would randomly run around the room and yell happily. The funniest part of the class was when she passed out egg shakers. Each child got 2. Trevor spend the entire 6 minutes trying to figure out how he could balance both eggs against his body in one hand, so he had a free hand to grab someone elses egg. I laughed so hard!
We took him to the Children's Museum last Friday. Last time we went, he was still crawling. He loved it, as expected! Its always nice to have times as our little family of 3.
He still takes a pacifier(which we call ninny) when he sleeps and if he is super fussy. I plan to make it for sleeping only when he turns 15 months next month.
He drinks a bottle when he wakes and when its bedtime. He does awesome with a cup, but he simply doesn't drink enough milk that way.
I plan to introduce potty training when he turns 18 months. Nothing major, just sitting him on the potty in the morning, at bath time and at night. I have potty trained 1 boy and 2 girls. From my experience, boys are harder. I cant decide if I want to set him on the big potty and completely skip the kiddie one. That's what we did with the other 3 kids.

Trevor is still a rock star sleeper and yes, I realize I am lucky. He still needs his morning nap. So, he sleeps about an hour in the morning and 2-3 hours in the afternoon. He is in bed by 8pm. Sometimes, we keep him up a bit later on the weekends and he will sleep in for us.
He has been sick this week. He had a fever of about 101 Saturday-Monday. I kept it down with Tylonel and watched for other symptoms. Tuesday morning, Tom took him in to have his ears checked and he said it was just a viral infection that had to run its course. Today, he still has a fever and his nose is running like a geyser. Its so raw it was bleeding a bit this morning. :( I'm hoping he kicks this fever soon.
He also has his 8th tooth coming in, making it an even 4 on the top and 4 on the bottom.
I cant believe he will be 15 months soon. He has given us 15 months of indescribable happiness. We are so thankful.

7 comments:

Sue said...

Great post full of updates!!!! LOVE the matching daddy-son outfits. Too cute :)

Kelly said...

Hi Erin! Love the update on your little man. He is just presh!

Btw...I left you an award on my blog that I just recently started...check it out if you like!

D said...

Can you post the Chocolate Eclair recipe if your Mom is willing to share it? Or email it to me? dfrautschy@gmail.com

:)

Once Upon A Time said...

Love the list of words! You've got some winning adorable photos there too- I love the Trevor and Daddy in the kitchen shot, and the sleeping one- too cute!

Angelwingsbaby said...

Time moves so fast and they grow so quickly! Adorable pics and cute update :-)

Erin said...

You have an award on my blog, Erin!

Jess said...

What a cute little boy you've got! I just found your blog through a friend's. Look forward to following you!

~Jess
http://bringingyoumorethanasong.blogspot.com/