Saturday, January 29, 2011

Transfer is SET!

Our transfer is finally set..for Thursday. THIS Thursday, less than 5 days away! I am elated.

I went in this morning and my lining was a beautiful 8.9mm. The nurse said she presumed Dr. would give us the appointment for Thursday, based on my bloodwork results. I got the call late this afternoon.

I will take the same drugs tonight and change it up tomorrow morning. Tomorrow brings 2 estrace in the am and 2 in the pm, prenatal vitamin, baby asprin, endometrin in the am and late afternoon and PIO in the evening.

PIO is something I wanted to do last cycle as a comfort to myself. I used it when I had my IVF cycle and I liked those results. There was some confusion for my first FET and they told me to only use the PIO if I started bleeding while pregnant. This time, I made sure to express that I wanted to use it during the cycle. Im nervous, having not administered it in almost 2 yrs. Plus, Toms working tomorrow-Tuesday night, so Im on my own for a few nights.

Our appointment on Thursday is for noon. I plan to leave Trevor with my sister for a few hours and then he will go to nap at my Moms. They both think were going to an IVF consult appointment. I hope to go to a movie with Tom after the appointment. I want to take it easy and a daytime date sounds perfect to me. Even if it involves another man impregnating me. :)

I feel hope again. For the first time in this cycle. I will try to keep this state of mind at least until Thursday and they tell me both embryos thawed.

Heres to FET #2 giving us a 2011 baby!!

Oh yeah, one more thing. Trevor went out in the snow for the first time today. January 29th. Uh, yes, we live in Chicago and have had snow on the ground for months. We went to the Arboretum to check out the huskys dogsledding and this kid was in love with the soft white stuff. I mean, walking around, digging, falling down and getting right back up, putting his face in it, etc. All while not complaining about wearing mittens and snowpants. He never ceases to amaze me.


13 comments:

Meagan said...

Good luck with your transfer!

J.Mo said...

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you on Thursday!

Lola said...

Good luck with your transfer on Thursday!! Enjoy you date!

twondra said...

WOOHOO!! Congrats on your transfer date! I'll be thinking and praying for you!!

Evan Nicole said...

Heres to a repeat of 2009. Backwards. Love ya sis!

Cori said...

Yay! Best of Luck for you on Thursday! I will be thinking of you!!!!!!

The Harrison's said...

Praying for your embabies on Thursday. I love that picture of Trevor in the snow.....precious.

Kahla said...

Wishing you all the luck in the world!

Its A Corny Life... said...

Big prayers coming your way from Southern California! I just know this one is going to work.

Lori B. said...

Sooo excited about your transfer! I hope this it for you and I'm glad that hope is back. Also, Trevor is so stinkin cute in his winter coat and hat!!

Christa said...

Whoo hoo! Let's get you knocked up!

Bobbi said...

It's so nice when you actually have a day SET! Then, you really know what to look forward to. I really hope this FET brings you Trevor's younger sibling! So, is the FET considered a 6-day transfer? So, you'll find out if you're pregnant just 8 shorts days after? I'm not familiar how that works.

Jen said...

Aww, Erin I am so happy for you! Will be sending you lots of good energy. I know Trevor's little brother or sister will be just as adorable as he is:) Seriously he makes me smile every time I see pictures!! Good luck!!