Monday, January 31, 2011

Pink Blizzard

Chicago is freaking out right now..there is a blizzard comin' our way! Its supposed to start snowing tonight and be at its worst from 3pm tomorrow until 3pm Wednesday. There is talk of 20+ inches, high winds and thunder snow. What the heck is thunder snow?? Usually they hype our weather and we end up with like 2 inches. This time just may be different. I am thankful to drive an SUV on days like this. And I am thankful Toms days off happen to be Wed & Thurs. They are saying there will be no visibility on Wednesday morning, so we will see if I can make it to work safely.

All of this better be cleared up by Thursday morning. I don't care if we have to leave the house at 7am, we are making it to our noon transfer!

I did my second PIO shot tonight. Remind me why I elected to do this?! Ouch! Yesterdays went well. Today, I was on my left side, so it was harder to reach around. I bled for a bit and it became sore instantly. Ill gladly endure a bloody booty the next few weeks if needed!

BIG NEWS-Sissy went for an ultrasound yesterday and..


Its a girl!! I knew it! We are so happy around here. We were due for a girl..Mikey is 11, Brady is almost 7, Delaney is 5, Tyler is 2 and Trevor is 1. That's ONE girl. We neeeeeeeeed another. And we got it! I'm so happy for my sister. After 2 painful losses, her family will be complete. 2 boys and 2 girls. I cant wait to snuggle that little Princess. We went to BRU last night to buy her first nightgowns. I see a lot of shopping in my future. I plan to throw my sister a "sprinkle" in June. I wasn't old enough to help much with her wedding and baby showers. This is my last chance to do something special for her.

I was bad and calculated my potential due date today:October 22, 2011. My hopes are officially sky high. :/

19 comments:

Cori said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cori said...

That is a whole-lotta snow!! Hope it is all cleared for you by Thursday for a stress free drive! That is super exciting about the new little princess you guys will have in your family! Now it is your turn again!!!!!!!

Kahla said...

That was our due date with Emery, although she was here 10 days early... I'm taking that as a positive sign for you!!!

This weather is crazy, we are looking at lows in the teens for SE TX, we were wearing shorts and tank tops this past weekend! Crazy! Stay safe!

Sue said...

I will be thinking of you guys on Thursday! Best of luck :)

Stace said...

Every post I start a comment, but then I get distracted! But I am SO hopeful for the transfer. Trev needs to be a big brother. :) I cannot believe that you're doing the PIO by yourself- that takes guts AND talent... I can't see it being physically possible!

Your blizzard will be coming our way on Wednesday- they're already predicting early release tomorrow, no school Wed and possible no school Thurs! We're supposed to get between 16 and 28 inches. This snow is just crazy! We've had a major storm every week since Dec 27th with more than 60-70 inches of snow. It's just ridiculous!

Carol said...

Yea for a little girl and for a good pregnancy for your sister. Now we just need one for you!

Mrs. Bee said...

October 22, 2011- is our 1 year wedding anniversary- so it HAS to be lucky. I will keep you guys in my prayers

J said...

Praying for safe travels on Thursday!

YAY for another niece! I'm sure Delaney is thrilled to have a sister and new best friend.

LORI said...

That's my Lainey's birthday! Great day :)

Congrats for more pink in the fam!!!!

Candace said...

Much love and prayers for Thursday! Very happy for your sister too! So glad that everything is going good for her!

Jill said...

So fun! Be careful in that snow!

Kalle said...

Love your positivity. Keep it up! Stay safe from the snow and good luck with the transfer on Thursday. Can't wait for more good news from you. ;)

Christa said...

I couldn't imagine doing the PIO shots by myself; its hard enough having DH do them!
Congrats on the new niece on the way, that's awesome!
Yay October due dates!

Kim said...

Oooh, a Halloween baby! That would be so cute! Sending good thoughts and prayers your way!

Crossing My Fingers said...

Thunder snow is when it thunders while snowing and it makes MORE snow faster! We had it a couple weeks ago and it was bananas!

Once Upon A Time said...

Thinking of you! I hope all the snow brew-ha-ha clears up by Thursday for you!

Once Upon A Time said...

Thinking of you! I hope all the snow brew-ha-ha clears up by Thursday for you!

Sarah said...

Erin, just wanted to say a little hi, I read your lovely blog all the time. I thought it was funny when you confessed to looking at your potential due date...I just finished doing the same! Good luck this month

Bobbi said...

I really hope the blizzard doesn't mess with your very special travel plans on Thursday. :) And, I really hope for a wonderful transfer that will lead to a very special delivery on October 11th. And, it surely sounds like there needs to be another girl in your family, so I have a hunch that it'll be a girl. :)