Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Half

Friday, we woke up bright and early to start our day! Tom and I drove over to drop my car at the dealer to get something fixed while we were gone. Then, we headed over to Trevors first music class. He was the youngest by far and was very shy. He stared the majority of the time and opened up the last 5 minutes. Im curious to see how he will be this week. He loved the hula hoop and scarves! Oh, and running around with the older kids.



We left for the airport straight from the class. I was crossing my fingers Trevor would fall asleep in the car and he did-when we were about 10 minutes from the airport! We checked in within 5 minutes and waited in the long security line for about 45 minutes. We had about 30 minutes to waste once we reached the gate, so I let him just walk and walk and walk. He was so stinking cute in his squeaky shoes. Everyone was commenting on how cute he was. He liked the moving walkways and we rode them a few times. We did sit down for a few minutes to enjoy a snack before boarding.





We had assigned seating, which I am not used to. Who sits next to us? A businessman with a laptop that wanted to work. Crap! He was nice though and Trevor did pretty good. He had some M&M's, watched some of a movie and played with the window shade. He got a bit restless toward the end and fell asleep a whopping 20 minutes before we landed. He would have stayed asleep if I didnt have to set him down to dig out 2 carryons and my purse.


We navigated our way through the Atlanta airport and Evan was waiting at the baggage claim. I was SO happy to see her pretty face. Our bag was waiting for us and we hopped in the car. Her friend, Alicia, was at home with the kiddos so they could nap. We were cautious driving back, as some of the roads were still icy. We made it their town and were excited to play with the kids!






And thats all we did the first night, PLAYED! The kids got along great. Andrew and Bradley are total lovers and talented climbers. They love to come over and cuddle you. Charlotte sat back a bit and watched it all go down. She was checking Trevor up and down. Trevor loved the playrooms. One is the boys room upstairs and they have this new playroom where the dining room used to be. Trevor functioned on 35-40 minutes of sleep the entire day, compared to his usual 3-5 hours of naps! He was such a trooper. After a quick bath, I put him to bed in the pack and play upstairs. I set him on the pillow and blankets on top..he didnt move an inch. He passed out instantaneously!


Evan, Alicia and I stayed up, watched some DVR and talked the night away. I finally went to bed on the futon mattress next to Trevor. He woke up at 1am and whined for me. I put him in bed with me and we slept together until about 4am, when I put him back in the crib. He stayed alseep until 7 or so, which was nice.


Saturday, we got up and headed to get the boys hair cut! They had all had their hair cut once before and it was time for a trim. We went to the local kids place and really liked it. We gave them each a lollipop and that was the perfect entertainement for the 10-15 minute cut.












Trevor chauferring around his woman









5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sounds like a perfect weekend with a great best friend!!
Love the pic of you 2!!

twondra said...

Looks like sooooo much fun!!!

Meant to be a mom said...

What fun pictures. And it sounds like everything went really well on the plane. I can only imagine what it would be like to take Cooper on a plane right now. Trevor sounds like he did great.

Love the pics :)

Courtney said...

I'm right here with you, hopeing for a 'second' peanut during this transfer. I got pregnant on a frozen cycle with Macie, so just because it didn't work once, doesn't mean it won't happen! Good luck, and keep your sprits up!

Kim said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday. I totally understand your fear of getting older. I am turning 25 next month, and I thought I'd have 2 kids by now, and I have none. I am thinking of postponing my birthday this year! ;) Your pictures were so cute!