Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Final Day

Well, we have been home a week now so its about time I post about the last day of our trip. I would like to call it the-day-I-took-a-ton-of-pictures-to-try-to-make-up-for-the-ones-I-should-have-taken-the-whole-time!
Stephen was off to work that day so it was just me, Evan and the kids. We had a low key morning and I started packing up first thing. I'm glad I did because we made it back without forgetting anything! We played and cleaned a bit. The kids went down for a nap and Evan and I had lunch together.
When there was about an hour before we had to leave, we woke up Trevor and Charlotte. They needed a little extra time to love on each other. Charlotte put on her Christmas gift from us, the cutest giraffe outfit you'll ever see! She looked adorable!





Charlotte is so not having this photo session!




Above=give us that!
Below=we got it!

We played in the playroom one last time while Evan loaded the car. Trevor may have finally started to like swings again!



Giving Bradley a push.



This is how we dive in and out of the ball pit.
We stopped at a store to grab Tom a few shirts and headed to the airport. We flew through security and had plenty of time when we got to our gate. We waited to be the last few people on the plane. I was exhausted from the trip and really worried about how he would do on the flight back. He was an angel! He enjoyed a sucker for the first 20 minutes. Then, I put on Baby Einstein on the DVD player and he sat so still that I was able to use my right hand to read my book. I was so proud of him!

His shirt says Dad is my co-pilot.

It was a great way to end a great trip. We will count the days until we see the Hopkins family again. I'm hoping something will happen in April-ish. :0)

6 comments:

Ashley said...

I LOVE the giraffe outfit! Where did you get it? I neeeeeed it. :)

Meant to be a mom said...

You are not lying, that little giraffe outfit is just too cute for words. :) Love it!

Stephanie said...

SO sweet! So glad you were able to make this trip!!
I know how much it means to both of you!!

Cori said...

So cute! Glad you had a great time!

Kelly said...

Looks like y'all had a great time on your trip! This is my first time commenting but I have been reading your blog for a little while. I really hope this FET works for you guys. Oh and by they way, your son is just the cutest thing around!

Once Upon A Time said...

That giraffe outfit is simply to die for, and both of Trevor's shirts are perfect! You ahve great taste. :)