Thursday, January 13, 2011

FET #2, CD18

Last night was my last birth control pill. Now, I wait to bleed. Last time, it came 3 days later, so we are looking at Saturday. I will go in for bloodwork and an ultrasound on Tuesday morning, if all goes according to plan. Were still looking at a transfer on January 27th.

Once we get confirmation of the transfer date, I will make my beta appointment for a week later. I'm so happy the wait will only be a week, unlike the 11 days last time. I knew it didn't work a few days in, but waiting for that confirmation was so draining. I also plan to make an appointment with the doctor for a few days later to discuss IVF.

I'm halfway through this cycle, physically. Yet, I am done with it, mentally. I don't expect it to work. Not an ounce of me. My alarm goes off at 8pm and I always sigh and go inject myself, pointlessly. Why bother doing it, one may wonder? I have to give the embryos a chance at life.

After our IVF cycle, I was SO happy we had 4 frozen. First, it made me feel great about the 2 we transferred. I felt like they were fighters to make it that far. I was right..Trevor was born 9 months later. Second, I felt like we were already ten steps ahead to getting our second child. We didn't have to go through IVF again. I knew when the time came, we could do a FET. Surely, we could get ONE single baby out of 4 embryos?

I guess we will know, sometime in February.

On a much happier note, we will be on our flight to Atlanta this time TOMORROW!! I am so anxious to get off work at 5:30pm. I have a lot to get done tonight. I went to Target earlier and got some distractions for the flight. Coloring book, musical book, a Buzz Lightyear guy, M&M's and a ring pop. Plus, I have the DVD player charged with Despicable Me ready to go. Were going to be just fine. :)

I'm skipping bringing my laptop with. Its such a hassle to get through the airport. Ill check back on Tuesday, my 24th* birthday, with lots of pictures and stories to share!

*I'm totally devastated about turning 24. I mean 20-23=young 20's. 24-26=MID=20's. WHAT? I'm growing up wayyyy to fast. ;)

14 comments:

cady said...

Have a safe trip! Everything should be close to cleared up by the time you get here from Snowpocalypse 2011. It's been crazy down here!

I'm sending some positive, calming vibes for your upcoming cycle.

Stace said...

I'm still crossing my fingers for you- Trev needs to be a big brother! (I loved the picture of him with the baby last post!) But I know how you feel-- I'm 26 and it's killing me. I actually just removed the year from my birthday from my facebook profile so now it only says the date. I don't need the reminder!

Evan Nicole said...

I hate to tell you, but you are way beyond 24 my love...if Ill be 28 this year, I feel like you're hangin close to my age...now get down here! Love you!!

Amber said...

Have a great trip!!!

And, just wait until that mid-20s turns into early-30s! That's what I have to look forward to next month. :-)

k8tie said...

Try not to be so down. You need to stay positive for those embies! I know it's hard, but keep your chin up and remember miracles happen! Have a great trip :)

Dave and Elaine said...

Girl, you just simmer down on the turning 24 deal!!!! This June I will hit the big 3-0! Now THAT is old :) :)

Haven't commented in a while but just wanted to say I always read...was so sorry about FET 1 and am praying you get your miracle #2 in February.

Try to be positive and just take one day at a time. You will eventually see those 2 pink lines again!!!!!!!

Enjoy your trip to ATL!

Amber said...

I know what you mean. I turned 24 on Tuesday. I'm officially "mid twenties..." :(

Amber said...

hope you have a safe trip and good luck with your upcoming cycle

Stacey said...

I hope you enjoy your trip!!

I'll be 27 this year and I"m really starting to feel SO old! Where has the time gone?

I'll be praying for a sucessful cycle for you this month!

Kahla said...

I'm not sure, but I think you just called me an old fart (I'll be 35 in July). ;o) Have a safe and fun trip. I'll be saying lots of prayers for this cycle, you never know!

twondra said...

Hope you have a good trip. :) Praying for you and this next cycle.....you deserve it sweetie. I hope you're able to get some encouragement and hope, hon.

Its A Corny Life... said...

I think I win for being your oldest follower...turning 38 in a couple of months. i'd take 24 in an instant. praying for your FET to work out and can't wait to hear it did! i have hope. Happy Birthday!

Sue said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hope your trip was great. Looking forward to your next post. :)

J said...

Thanks love...for making me realize that turning 28 means I'm in my LATE 20s. I was in denial about that when I turned 27 but you make me clearly see that I'm getting old! Love you for that! LOL!

Glad you had fun with Evan for your birthday. Girls night out seemed like a lot of fun! The kiddos are all so cute together.