Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Tommys Graduation

My amazing husband graduated from the academy on Tuesday, making him Officer Thomas Robertson, Cook County Sheriff! I am bursting with pride and cant type this without a goofy grin.

His graduation was at the college he has been training at. My parents and I picked a spot in the back, not knowing how Trevor would sit during the hour long ceremony. Trevor did great! He had a few snacks, was passed to my Mom so I could take pics, babbled, and only had to be taken out to walk around a few times. I was so glad my Mom was willing to chase him around so I could focus on Tom.

Lined up to march, he is 4th

Walking in
Being sworn in, look at that cute smirk
Can we take a moment to take in the awesome shirt? I nearly died when I found it at Old Navy!


Presented with his official certificate

I could barely contain my excitement for the hour. I couldn't wait to get my arms around my man! I am SO proud of him. We have been talking about this day for years and let me tell you, it feels perfect!





3 generations of Robertson men

After the ceremony, Tom introduced me to a bunch of the classmates. It was nice to meet the people that have spent so much time with him for the past 4 months!

We went home and had celebratory sex. The only reason I mention this is if we were normal people, we probably would have made a baby today. And referred to the baby as Graduation baby. If only..Also, I'm not sure if we will be on restriction after the transfer, so this may be it for a while.

A bit later, we went to dinner to celebrate with some family and friends. This time, Trevor was not liking being confined! I haven't mentioned it yet, but he is walking almost exclusively. He missed his nap this afternoon, was held a lot and had to sit still. We pretty much had to pass him back and forth and let him roam the restaurant a bit. I made sure Tom was able to enjoy his steak.


Us with my parents, 2 brothers and brothers new gf

Us with our great friends, Anthony, CC and Madison

My brother ended up treating everyone, which was so generous. Tom and I are going out Friday night for his "badge party"..arranged by the class to get drunk and celebrate being cops. ;)
*****************************************************************
Evan arrives tonight at about 7pm. I plan on treating her to some Giordano's deep dish pizza, if shes hungry. We will get everything set for tomorrow and try to call it an early night. Tomorrow morning we have to drop Trev by my sister and be downtown at 8:30am. Were supposed to get a few inches of snow tonight, so I want to leave a little bit earlier. Plus, Ive never been to this building before, and I don't want to be stressing!
I'm nervous about how our babies will thaw. I wont know anything until we arrive tomorrow. The transfer will be done at 9am. If you could say a prayer around that time, I would be forever grateful. We had hundreds of people praying for Trevor and I know it played a big part in his life. :)
I really cant believe we are here again. Tom expressed his fear of it not working the other day. He said, "It just seems too easy." I agree. But, isn't it about time something was easy for us?

17 comments:

J.Mo said...

Congratulations to your Mr. And I will definitely be saying a prayer for you and your family! <3

Mush said...

Congrats guys! Wicked pictures too. So happy for you. Fingers and toes crossed that your luck keeps improving and you get those positive tests at Christmas.

Thinking of you xxx

Amber said...

Congratulations, Tom!!

Hope everything goes great for the transfer tomorrow!

Jill said...

yahoo!

Just another thing to check off the list... What a great accomplishment!!!

Beth said...

Congrats on the graduation!! I'll be thinking of you tomorrow! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Stace said...

I am so happy for you and Tom! I love the photos of the graduation. And I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOUR TRANSFER! This time tomorrow you will be PREGNANT! Can't wait to hear how many embryos you transferred and how it went!

Shawna said...

congrats on the graduation. We are an elite and fun group. lol it takes special people to do what we do. Will say a prayer for you tomorrow. Good luck!!!

Nicole said...

Congrats to you all in the graduation! & GOOD LUCK TOMORROW!!!! :)

Tiffany said...

I can so feel the excitement of this post! Congrats to Mr. Hubby and whoo hoo to celebratory sex! LOL. Will be saying a prayer for y'all!

Mrs.Joe said...

praying for you right now! Good luck and congrats Tom!!

Tiffany said...

YES it IS time for something easy. I am waiting on pins and needles for an update. AND A HUGE CONGRATS TO TOM! That is AWESOME!

Kami said...

Gotta love a man in a uniform! Congrats Tom!!!

I'm still giggling over the whole sex thing. lol

I'll be praying for you guys! It will work!

Kami

Jody said...

Congratulations to your husband! And way to go for Trevor being so good :)

Sue said...

Congrats to Tom!!!

Thinking of you today. Prayed hard :)

Stace said...

I have been checking back all day... I'm anxious to know how everything went and how many siblings Trev has right now!

Kelli said...

Hoping that your transfer went well! Update soon!

Beth said...

Just wanted to let you know I've been thinking about you! Hope the transfer went well and you are home relaxing!!