Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Build a Baby

I'm trying to keep the traditions from Trevor's cycle going with this FET. I'm not a very superstitious person, but I figure it cant hurt! The day of our retrieval, Feb 14th, 2009, we went to Build a Bear to make a special stuffed animal. February 14, 2009 was the first day that we were brought together and conceived our children. We referred to the future child as Peanut and decided on a cute elephant. Here we are, beaming with pride of 12 eggs retrieved!


This time, I am lucky enough to skip the retrieval process. (Thank God, for my veins and bank account!) If I were doing a full IVF cycle, my retrieval would have been done this past Saturday. So, to keep tradition alive, the 3 of us went to Build a Bear and made a stuffed animal for this future child. We decided on a monkey and named him Banana. :)

This shirt? Highly inappropriate, but too cute to return..

Here are Peanut and Banana hanging on our bed. Side note-when we bought Peanut, the diaper came in a 2 pack. I kept the second diaper in a bin with other stuffed animals. We decided to keep Banana similar and used the extra diaper. We just had to buy the extra ninny..hehe.
I plan on wearing the same socks, same necklace..Im debating eating McDonalds before the transfer. We did so with Trev, but my stomach has been super sensitive the past few days and I wouldnt want to feel nauseous in stirrups!
I have a million thoughts I need to write down, but need to call it a night. Tommy graduated the academy today(another post coming soon), Evan arrives tomorrow night(many posts coming soon), and I am exhausted thinking about the busy weekend ahead. I am crossing my fingers that staying busy will keep my mind off testing and make the 10 days FLY by.

12 comments:

Meant to be a mom said...

Girl, You are cracking me up. I'm like you though. Not normally superstitious but when it came to our first IVF I found myself doing all sorts of crazy things. Hey you never know, maybe it will help :)

I'm praying for you guys.

prettybyrdie said...

Good luck!

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

Y'alls *Build a Babies* are SO CUTE! I think its great that you all went together and did it again:D

Still praying for the Best.

Hugs,
Hannah

Kami said...

Yay!!! This is so exciting!!! I really hope this cycle is as lucky as lasts! I'm so jealous! I want another so bad!! lol

Kami

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

I think I'd be feeling a little superstitious, too, in the same situation! I am really praying hard for you guys, Erin!

Amber said...

Love the monkey!! Hope everything goes great for the transfer!!

Courtney said...

I admire your enthusiasm and can't wait to hear more details about the transfer. Keep us posted!

Jill said...

That is such a fun thing that you get to do and I love that it's name is banana! So perfect!

Good luck sista...

LCSween said...

GL with your transfer!! I start my FET cycle tomorrow :)

t.b.f.love. said...

I'm the same way with little "rituals" surrounding important events - and like you said, it can't hurt! thinking about you and praying for you tomorrow :)

Bren said...

Good luck today!!!! I just got on blogger and when I went to your page I realized today is the day. The monkey is so cute! I am KMFX for you!

Crossing My Fingers said...

Cute idea! We ate Mickey D's after ER for us.