Sunday, November 14, 2010

Mickey Bash

How about some birthday party details and an insane amount of pictures?! Yipee!
Trevor's party was last Sunday, a few days before his real birthday. We held it at the clubhouse where we live, which turned out the be the perfect space. We had to bring everything in..chairs, tables, food, etc. I started organizing it in September and was still overwhelmed the week before the party.
We held it from 1-4 pm. It worked out so great that daylight saving time occured that night. We all woke up at 7, but it felt like 8am. So, we had an extra hour to get stuff done!
Tom did the running around while I did the last minute food prep. Trevor took a 2 hour nap, which was sufficient enough to get him through the party.
We got into the room at 11:30 and were still totally rushed. Thankfully, my brother and his gf helped set up the room while my Mom hung with Trevor. I had a vision of what I wanted the room to look like and it turned out exactly as Id hoped. Don't ya just love when that happens?
The dessert table had cupcakes(with my special frosting) that looked like Mickey was walking on grass, an amazing cake that matched the invite, his smash cake and Oreo truffles. I printed out a few pics from Trevor's Disney trips this year to put on that table and by the food plates.


For food, we had pretzels and cheetos, salad, watergate, fresh strawberries, a Mickey edible arrangement, lemon chicken and Italian beef! There was Mickey chicken nuggets and PB&J for the kids.


The only negative to the room? The lighting! The sun was shining in odd places and made it hard to take good pictures. I used the four colors on the invite-green, red, orange and blue and RAN with it. Everything coordinated..the balloons, centerpieces, tablecloths, etc.


On one end of the room, we had 2 picnic tables set up. One had coloring pages and face paint. My friend Jill drew Mickey Mouse on the kids. The other table had Trevor's photo albums and a b-day book for the guests to sign.




Dance Star Mickey greeted the guests. My sister gave him to Trev for an early b-day gift and we knew he had to be part of the party. Trevor goes nuts over him!




Everyone arrived and ate right away. We visited with friends and family. I did my best to be Mama/photographer/party hostess at the same time!




An hour in, we had Kid Rock come. Kid Rock is a company that runs music classes for kids. They sang songs, did dances, and had a total blast for 45 minutes. Everyone LOVED it!



I love the picture below. Everyone around us is a blur, but Trev and I are still. :)







Next, we did the pinata. I bought one with strings to pull, rather that one we needed to hit. We had a lot of younger kids there and I thought this was safer. The 4th or 5th pull made it break and the kids went wild. I filled it with tootsie rolls and some special prizes like Matchbox cars, Princess chap stick and Slinky's. I didn't want to over-do it with candy since Halloween was the weekend before.





I had them all hold up a #1.



It was finally time for cake! We put candles on the big cake, sang and then gave Trevor his smash cake. He knew exactly what to do with the cake and dug right in! He wasn't too sure about the candles or singing. He just stared with a blank look on his face.













Everyone cleared out after the cake smashing and we cleaned up pretty quickly. Trevor was exhausted at this point so we rushed home and put him to bed. We let him sleep for an hour and he woke up to his presents all lined up.

Spoiled, much?






He got so many amazing gifts. Books, bonds, big toys, little toys, puzzles, clothes. And we didnt get too many doubles. ;)


We ended the night by watching Toy Story 3 together on the couch. It was a nice way to unwind after a hectic day.

11 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like a great party! Happy belated birthday to Trveor!!

Molly said...

super cute party! he is getting so big!

Shawna said...

Awe, such an awesome day. There is something about lounging on the couch with your loves. Amazing job planning the party. Looks like everyone had a blast. I love all the little details that made it special.

twondra said...

Can't believe he's 1 already! Wow...time flies. Looks like such a wonderful party!!

Jill said...

Looks like a pretty fantastic day! I love that idea of having that Kid Rock company come! What a great little way to have an activity without stressing yourself out! Looks like loads of fun too!

What a cute little 1st birthday... happy birday buddy!

Sue said...

GREAT pics!! Glad to see you in there, too! Looks like it was a wonderful party :)

Bren said...

Very Cute! Looks like you all had a great time. I love the Mickey theme.

Crossing My Fingers said...

Wow! Looks like a GREAT time!!!

jenn said...

what a great birthday celebration! you went all out mom! good job!!!!
happy birthday to your little guy! its amazing how time goes so fast!

Jessica@The Southern Belle Baby said...

What an awesome party! You did a great job, and it looked like it was so much fun!

Mama Dub @ Life in the Dub Lane said...

I love it! Great job mama! He's a doll and it looks like he had a blast! So awesome! I can't believe he's 1. Boy oh boy does time fly. I became a new reader of your blog when you were only 5 weeks pregnant. Goondess.