Saturday, November 6, 2010

First Halloween

This week has gotten away from me, with the crazy party planning! I'm finally getting a chance to post about Halloween. Trevor was the cutest pirate Ive ever seen! He kept the hat on all day, no fuss about it! He loved getting his face painted; giggled the whole time!



He looked like a totally different kid! I think it was the dark eyebrows! We went trick-or-treating by my sisters house. Tom and I felt like frauds saying T or T for him, but everyone loved him. We went for about 3 blocks and called it a day. He is gnawing on a carrot in most of the pics..








I'm totally sad about celebrating his last first holiday. :( He still has his 1st bday on Thursday..and there will be many more firsts in our future..but no more holidays. Although I am glad to continue the traditions we have started, it breaks my heart to see him grow up. This was by far the best and fastest year of my life. I have so much to say about all my thoughts..another time. For now, I'm going to continue prepping everything for Trevor's party tomorrow.
Speaking of growing up..anyone else IN LOVE with the new T. Swift CD? I cant stop listening to it. One of my many faves on it is #8. Here's a snippet of the lyrics. I highly suggest you go buy the cd/download the song. :)
" Your little hand's wrapped around my finger
And it's so quiet in the world tonight
Your little eyelids flutter cause you're dreaming
So I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light
To you everything's funny, you got nothing to regret
I'd give all I have, honey
If you could stay like that

Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, just stay this little
Oh darling, don't you ever grow up
Don't you ever grow up, it could stay this simple
I won't let nobody hurt you, won't let no one break your heart
And no one will desert you
Just try to never grow up, never grow up"

7 comments:

Bobbi said...

I'm sorry this is your last "first" holiday to celebrate with him. That's hard. Your child's first year just flies by, and trust me, they keep on flying by. I still can't believe my little Ella is 4! I love the pirate pics! I can't believe he had no problem with that painted beard. Ella was a witch and I was thinking of painting her face green, but I just know she wouldn't have it at all! LOL! :)

jenn said...

what a cute pirate! and i totally am there with you about being sad about no more "first" holiday...finley is 9 months old so i have a few more "first" holidays (the big ones@!) but i will be sad too....i love all the firsts!!!

twondra said...

Awww, he's such a precious pirate!! So cute!!

Cortney said...

He was a very adorable pirate! My birthday is November 12. That is so cool that he was born that close to mine. When you were pregnant with him and getting closer to time for him to be born, I always was hoping it would be the 12th. So close though! Happy Early Birthday little one!

Crossing My Fingers said...

I love, love, LOVE this costume and the face paint! So cute. Enjoy the first birthday and hopefully soon, you'll have another little one to have the first holidays with.

Amber said...

I just e-mailed you. I'm also running to grab T's new CD! I love her! :)

Sue said...

Halloween pics are great!! He is the cutest pirate ever :)

Dying to know how his party went yesterday!!! Post soon!!!