Monday, November 8, 2010

Daddy-One year in..

Trevor's party was a complete success. Everything was perfect. Great food, the decor turned out exactly how I pictured it, Trevor was an absolute angel. It could not have been better. Pictures/details coming soon!

That being said, I'm never throwing a party like that again. It was a LOT of work and money! Next year, we plan to go to Hawaii to celebrate instead.

We are 3 days from T's 1st birthday. I have a million thoughts running through my head. Tonight, I wanted to talk about the man my son calls Dada.

Tom has been exactly the father I expected him to be. He is attentive, loving and responsible. I knew he would be all of these things. I really did. Yet, I'm still amazed at his natural ability to do it all.

We've been through a lot during our nearly 5 yrs of marriage. Deaths, moves, family issues, births, milestone birthdays, school, job changes, etc. Every single struggle made us stronger people and a stronger couple. Our greatest struggle was getting pregnant. Some days, I still cant grasp what we went through in order to get pregnant. I can close my eyes and go back Tom giving me injections, every single negative test, all the heartache. I don't go to that place often, but I can if I need to.

Instead, I think of the day I walked over to Tom and told him the test was positive! And the day we saw his heartbeat. The moment we decided on his name. Going through 24 hours of labor together.

The moment he saw Trevor, he balled like a baby. Ive seen Tom cry before, but not like that. It was pure and sweet. I will never forget that minute; its frozen forever.

That minute, we started our life as a family. Here we are, one year later. A family. Life has been beautiful ever since.

We have this great balance as parents. Tom is the goofy Daddy that cant say no. Ive been around children long enough to know when we have to say no. ;)

Tom has a lot on his plate, more so in the past few months. He attends the academy 9.5 hours a day. He has homework, physical training, studying. Somehow, he comes home, ready to help with Trevor 100%. He still does bath time. He helps with any and everything I ask. He has dinner on the table 75% of the time. He loads the dishwasher, vacuums, does laundry..do I need to go on?

He goes along with my insanely packed weekend plans. He lets me listen to my 4 fave Swift songs over and over. He cracks my back. He loves me and Trevor unconditionally.

We are so fortunate.



"When you need picked up 'cause you fell down
Need a piggyback right or a birthday clown
Need a song to take you to sleepy town
I'll be there

When you need a coach or you need a fan
Need a castle built out of ocean sand
Or a rainbow chaser, I'm your man
I'll be there

I'll be a tear dryer
A paper airplane flyer
A monster runner-offer if you get scared
I'll be a sap
I'll be a sucker
A story maker-upper
Anytime, anything, anywhere
I'll be there

When you break your heart or skin your knee
Need a big ol' hug or a bowl of ice cream
I promise you can count on me

I'll be a heart mender
A prayer sender
A hoper and believer when it's all up in the air
A strong and steady shoulder
I'll be a secret holder
Anytime, anything, anywhere
I'll be there

If you need a frown turned to a grin
Or you need a hand just to hold your hand
Need a daddy or you just need a friend
I'll be there
I'll be there
I'll be there"

Tom/Daddy/Big T-I love you more than I ever though possible. Thank you for making me a Mama and giving me the best gift. I cant wait to finish raising Trevor together. Although, when will we really be finished? ;)

12 comments:

Kerrymarie said...

what a gorgeous post! :)

Tiffany said...

This was an amazing post, he seems like such a great man and father! (You gotta love em' for cracking your back!) haha.

Just Believing said...

very sweet funny about the party cuz all my friends warned me not to go crazy so we low keyed it and i am glad :) but glad it was a success no matter what!

kim_brough said...

Ha, because Hawaii is so much cheaper. :-)

And it's bawled, not balled, FYI. Unless Big T started playing basketball when he saw Lil T for the first time. Ha ha ha.

Sue said...

Ok this was just beautiful. I was going to say you don't know how good you have it--because my hubby doesn't do HALF the things yours does--but it sounds like you realize how lucky you are. :)

Meant to be a mom said...

What a sweet post. Isn't family amazing :)
I can't believe your about to have a 1 year old! Its so exciting and crazy how fast time passes.

Crossing My Fingers said...

What a sweet post!

Francesca Fine Jewelry said...

Happy Birthday Trevor!
Jean

twondra said...

Beautiful post

Jodi said...

You forgot to add they he is cute too! I wish my dh was so helpful. It is hard for me to imagine such a helpful man. I can't wait to read about your next pregnancy.

Shawna said...

Hey there. I wanted to be the first to wish baby Trevor a very Happy 1st Birthday!!!!

Lauren Hope said...

what are your 4 fave Swift songs?? i love back to december from her newest album. i know it doesn't apply to you since you're so happy with tom & trevor, :) so not much regret for you, but i still think it's a beautiful song.

(i've commented before a while back. found your blog through another ttc blog.)