Monday, October 18, 2010

Test Results-UPDATED!

Well, I had my appointment Saturday for the hysterosonogram and blood test. I had to fast for 12 hours before the blood work and unfortunately, my appointment was at 12:30! I walked into the office and was told the doc was running an hour behind. I was not happy about this. I had Tom and 3 kids at home waiting for me to return so we could go to the zoo. They took my blood right away and I sat and ate my lunch. The time passed pretty quickly and I was finally taken back for the ultrasound. It was quick and painless and had great results. Dr. M says I have a perfect uterus-just as we thought. :) Thank God Trevor didn't wreak too much havoc in there. Ill get the results for my blood work today, I believe within the next hour or so.

I talked to my nurse for a long time, she was extremely knowledgeable and helpful. It looks like I need to get a few things done before I start my next period, in order to cycle right away. I need to sign consents with Tom, that appointment is set. I need to transfer my embryos to them. Ive made phone calls this morning to arrange that. It looks like Ill be doing the big move October 29th. And, I need to get the insurance to approve of the cycle, so I can get my meds. I believe the nurse will submit that today if the prolactin level came back normal.

My next period should be the first week of November, so I'm a bit worried we wont get everything done. When all goes well with that, Ill start the birth control for about 10 days, then start the Lupron. Ill have supression checks, get another period and then start the estrogen pills to build the lining. Once my body is ready, Ill have the transfer done. Dr. M. does transfers on Thursdays, so were looking at Dec 2, 9, or 16th. I may not see a heartbeat before Christmas, but I can at least see two lines! Ill take it!

I need to run and make more phone calls about a transfer fee(Grr!), and finding a tank to move them with. The joys of infertility..

**********Update***********

Bloodwork came back normal so we are ON for next month! They submitted my request for insurance coverage today and said it usually takes 48 hours. I should get a call soon from the drug company about my medications! YIPEE!!

9 comments:

Stace said...

I am always amazed by the things we have to think about simply because we're trying to get pregnant. Good luck with getting everything done!!

Meant to be a mom said...

I just wanted to let you know I'm praying for you. Your doing all you need to do to make things happen and I know it will happen for you guys. Prayers!

grace said...

I am so glad you are doing so well. I hope your bloodwork and test come back good so you can go ahead right away.

I have a feeling you're seeing my old RE. If so, I loved him and his staff.

I also had to transfer embies, from IL to Minnesota to IN. It was scary, expensive, but also neat. (They came into the office via UPS while I was there, so cool!)

Mama Dub said...

SWEEEEEEET! Can't wait!

Shawna said...

Yay!! I am so glad your results came back normal. Good luck with all the arrangements for you embryo transfer. i will keep you in my prayers

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

YAY! That is Great! Can't Wait to Watch you go through your FET! 2 lines for christmas would be Amazing!!!

Planning one Myself for baby#2 in January;) Curious about the whole Process since this will be our 1st FET also. We're Hoping for another miracle to <3 for the New Year.

Beth said...

yah!! Glad things are working out! Can't wait to follow this adventure!!

Kelli said...

That's great! I'm so ready to get the ball rolling with us again!

Jessica said...

I haven't checked in for a long time, and am so happy to see that everything is moving forward! I have a great feeling that everything is going to be perfect and you're going to have an amazing Christmas!