Friday, October 22, 2010

Pumpkin Farm

Its Friday afternoon nap time which means I can wrap up writing about last weekend..before we start this fun weekend of birthday celebrations!!

Sunday, we fed all 5 kids a big breakfast, packed our bags and headed to the Pumpkin farm. This is one of our annual traditions with the kids and I love, love, love it! Last year, I had a pumpkin belly and we kept talking about how much fun it would be to have our guy with us this year. It was as great as we imagined!

We headed straight for the petting zoo, as always. I love the animals they have there and they appear very well taken care of. We bought carrots to feed them and had a blast.





We walked over to get on the hay ride and something terrible happened-my camera DIED! I couldn't believe it. I had 2 bars when I checked it the night before and somehow the battery was dead. I was so upset with myself. There was no way we paid $60 to walk in the farm and were leaving with no pictures. Luckily, I talked my sister into driving her camera to me. I promised her a pack of diapers in exchange. ;) Unfortunately, her camera is on its last leg. The pictures are nowhere near what I wanted, but I'm grateful we have memories of the day documented!
While we waited for her to bring the camera, we watched the pig races(so cute!), went in the fun house 16+ times, braved the haunted house and checked out the baby animals. There was a llama that was 8 days old! I love babies..any kind!
We sat down for lunch and Trevor took a nap. My sis dropped the camera and we were finally about to stop milling around and go on the hay ride!
The hay ride is about 10 minutes and drops you by the pumpkins. That is where I desperately needed the camera.













My 5 little pumpkins, I pray there are 2 or more in this photo next year!




We headed out shortly after the hay ride. Not before we grabbed a few caramel apples. We dropped all the kids at their homes and relaxed the rest of the evening.

This week flew and I'm ready for another fun weekend. Tomorrow, we have our appt. to sign our consent forms for the FET and Delaney's birthday bash. Sunday we plan to be in a costume parade and then go to Madison's 2nd birthday party.

Speaking of birthdays, Trevor's party planning has become my second, wait..third?, job! I'm have so much fun with both parties. Last night, I sat on the floor and made Trevs bday banner while catching up on my DVR. I need to order the food and check out cake places. Were calling November Trev-a-palooza. We have SO much going on for that little boy, its going to be quite a celebration!

As if that wasn't enough, one of my best friends got engaged a week ago!! They have already set the date and booked the church-July 23rd! We may go look at dresses on Thursday! I'm super excited to help her plan everything!
Have a good weekend, everyone!!

8 comments:

My Husband's Watching TV... said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! OMG! Those pumpkins are HUGE!!! Have a great weekend!

Stace said...

You guys always do the best things. :) I love reading your newest adventures. Trev's hair is getting so long! Good luck at the RE tomorrow!

Mrz. Hannah Myhre said...

Love all the pics! Looks like it was a great day! And YAY! for taking one more step tomorrow to lead yall to baby #2:) I'm excited for you!

Jennifer said...

Oh I love all the pics from the pumpkin patch. Growing up in Michigan, we went every fall. Then as a kindergarten teacher, I would take my class. It's just not the same now that I live in Texas.

Shawna said...

I love this time of year, love all the pumpkins. Trevor's costume is again so cute!!! Happy Birthday to Delaney, you can tell she is quite the helper. Have a great weekend.

Amber said...

Huge pumpkins! Love the pics! :)

Would you mind following my new design blog?

http://www.justpeachyblogs.blogspot.com

Thanks!

battling infertility said...

inspiring story you got. love your stories.

Ashley said...

Trevor looks so cute!